PRS Silver Sky

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Congrats... happy for you! There’s nothing like the feeling of anticipation when a new guitar is in the mail. Assuming you’re no stranger to a Strat, I’ll interested to hear your thoughts on what makes the Silver Sky different and unique.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well it got here today, unfortunately I was on call and worked 10 hours, but did plug it into the Twin Reverb for a few minutes, sounds really good and I love the feel, 7 radius neck doesn't bother me at all and had no issues with bends fretting out, my Fender is HSS with Texas specials and a Duncan Pearly gates, these pick ups are more like I'd expect a Strat to sound like, you can get spanky, sparkly goodness and crank the amp and roll back the guitar volume to warm it up, when I get a little more time I'll try and compare it head on with my Fender

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Well it got here today, unfortunately I was on call and worked 10 hours, but did plug it into the Twin Reverb for a few minutes, sounds really good and I love the feel, 7 radius neck doesn't bother me at all and had no issues with bends fretting out, my Fender is HSS with Texas specials and a Duncan Pearly gates, these pick ups are more like I'd expect a Strat to sound like, you can get spanky, sparkly goodness and crank the amp and roll back the guitar volume to warm it up, when I get a little more time I'll try and compare it head on with my Fender

Hey, if it does what you want it to do and it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

Enjoy it!

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Dude, that looks slick! Is the scale different than a strat? Or I'm I just getting something of a perspective shift in terms of relative distance from camera?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Scales the same, The PRS upper joins a fret higher (pitch wise) but mostly camera distance
I wouldn't have noticed that had you not pointed it out. I can see the upper cutaway joins the neck at the 17th fret (Fender) and the 18th (PRS), but I can't tell if lower cutaway is also one fret further.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I wouldn't have noticed that had you not pointed it out. I can see the upper cutaway joins the neck at the 17th fret (Fender) and the 18th (PRS), but I can't tell if lower cutaway is also one fret further.
It's not really but the contour of the cutaway makes it seem as so