My mistake (Kossoff Session)

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
So... I used my Carl Martin Plexitone because I said it did the "Kerrang" of the old Plexi better than the MI Audio Super Crunch Box v2 that I would typically use...

Yeah, I was wrong about that... turn up the highs really high (way higher than I would, normally) and back off the presence to keep it under control and the SCB does a fantastic plexi.

I'm starting to wonder why I use any other pedal... like, ever.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
So... I used my Carl Martin Plexitone because I said it did the "Kerrang" of the old Plexi better than the MI Audio Super Crunch Box v2 that I would typically use...

Yeah, I was wrong about that... turn up the highs really high (way higher than I would, normally) and back off the presence to keep it under control and the SCB does a fantastic plexi.

I'm starting to wonder why I use any other pedal... like, ever.

AAARRRGGGHHHH Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, (BTW, I have the V1 Crunch Box LOL)

Griff

Staff member
@Griff is the MI Audio Super Crunch Box v2 a pedal you use for the Plexi sound? Or is it a great pedal for other tones too?
It is probably the most versatile pedal I have. There are switches as well as full eq so it kind of does any type of Marshall thing.

Griff

Griff

Staff member
AAARRRGGGHHHH Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, Learn to Play first, (BTW, I have the V1 Crunch Box LOL)
The switches on v2 are what make it so cool... just saying. ;)

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
i have the wampler pinnacle and thought it was suppost to do the samething and have been looking at the wampler plexi and plexi plus. you guys have any experience with these?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
i have the wampler pinnacle and thought it was suppost to do the samething and have been looking at the wampler plexi and plexi plus. you guys have any experience with these?
No experience with those, but all the Wampler pedals I've tried are great

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've had a Plexi-Drive on my board for years.
I'll play it though my Victoria or NACE amps.
I'm terrible at describing tone but I can say, I kick it on if I want more of a heavy rock tone.
On the other side of the spectrum is my Zendrive for just a little blues crunch.

Last edited:

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
I've had a Plexi-Drive on my board fro years.
I'll play it though my Victoria or NACE amps.
I'm terrible at describing tone but I can say, I kick it on if I want more of a heavy rock tone.
On the other side of the spectrum is my Zendrive for just a little blues crunch.
i run a clean amp and color it with pedals that are suposed to mimic Amps , supro drive, Mesa Throttle box , Boss fender '59 bassman, Boss FDR-1 fender '65 deluxe reverb , Friedman dirty Shirley..ect.. i have all kinds of Amp in a box pedals.all in a days fun

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Does that clone come in a kit ?and if so where did you get the kit and what is the Kit called?
I don't buy kits, I buy the boards and source the parts I don't have and do my own enclosures, takes a little more time but it's cheaper, I have a pretty good stock of parts now cause I always buy in bulk