Which pedal

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I didn’t actually see kits on that site. Maybe I didn’t look far enough. I did see just the circuit board for a Parthenon. Any thoughts on a Mojotone TS1 pedal kit? Seems complete and looks like good instructions.
Thanks for all your input.
Pedalpcb doesn't do kits, not familiar with the Mojotone kit, but I'm sure it's probably good

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
A kit is probably a good way to go, a little more expensive, but you don't have to hassle sourcing parts, the enclosure is usually already drilled and sometimes even painted and decaled

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I got an Okko on the bench now

Thats what I would like. So I am new the the build DIY world. It looks like all you get is the pcb board @pedalpcb.com. So where do you get the metal case and parts to build this.I take it you have to drill all the holes as well. How do you know what parts you need?

Last edited:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Thats what I would like. So I am new the the build DIY world. It looks like all you get is the pcb board @pedalpcb.com. So where do you get the metal case and parts to build this.I take it you have to drill all the holes as well. How do you know what parts you need?

Taydaelectronics.com will have parts, the build documents are linked on the pedals page

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
[QUOTE="Slofinger, post: 406623, member: 4498"]I decided I would rather keep building guitars instead of a pedal. So I ended up buying a Earthquaker Dunes pedal.[/QUOTE]
If you want something in TS808 territory there are none better.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Anyone have experience with a Red Llama? I've been looking into this lately or Chicago Stompworks' clone. Dunlop does a good review but I can't find too many others.

Bernie

Slofinger

Blues Junior
I got the Earthquaker Dunes pedal and after 3 or 4 different guitars, I could not find any tone on it that was equal to or better than my Wampler Tumnus. So I put it on my local Craigslist and ended up trading for a Earthquaker Grey Channel pedal. This one seemed to click for me. Seems like a lot more options, and two different channels with the foot switch.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I got the Earthquaker Dunes pedal and after 3 or 4 different guitars, I could not find any tone on it that was equal to or better than my Wampler Tumnus. So I put it on my local Craigslist and ended up trading for a Earthquaker Grey Channel pedal. This one seemed to click for me. Seems like a lot more options, and two different channels with the foot switch.
Well, you are comparing apples and oranges there. :whistle:
The Dunes is not even trying to be a transparent general overdrive pedal ... it is for those who want the end-all, be-all TS808 pedal. The Tumnus is another breed of cat entirely. The Gray Channel is more like another Tumnus but on steroids. :)

The only pedal on my board that I could see replacing with a Gray Channel is my Okko Diablo Gain+ ... and nothing on this earth will ever make me lose my Okko.

Last edited: