Decals anyone?

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
It has been a really long time since I put any decals on anything. Probably 30 years not sure ...I had a few on a racing bicycle I used for triathlons ...

I am going to take a guess that very few people here actually have any decals/stickers on any guitars anymore but I would love to be wrong about this. Somewhere in my brain there is a 13 year old boy that is dancing.

So enter the dragon ... Smaug the golden fire breathing PRS SE Santana Single Cut?

IMG_3581.jpg

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
For me no, but if we were all the same, life would be boring..............now if I ever join a punk band, hmmmmmmmm

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've got one semi-hollow 335 copy that I dropped some P90s into that has stickers all over it. Most of those are from a trip that Mrs Snarf and I did once that was sort of a Route 66 trip from east of Amarillo out to somewhere in Arizona (where ever the Snow Cap Cafe is) before dropping down to Sedona for a couple of days.

Then I have a Fender guitar case that has stickers all over it. Most of them are music related. Not all of them, but most of them are.

I'm always putting stickers on stuff, but then my wife also accuses me at least once a week of still being 8.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I have an acoustic I've played in Key West bars that I've tatt'ed up...

The headstock and body sides are also covered...

Oh yeah, and the signature on there is Michael McCloud, who I've been hanging with in Key West since I started going there in 1986...

IMG_1992.JPG IMG_1993.JPG

Last edited:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
IMG_20200327_172919.jpg route 66.jpg I have a few stickers on my route 66 LP (monoprice Goldtop, the model is called Route 66, so I embraced the theme and have stickers on the body and the headstock). I paid $20 for the guitar (cost of shipping) then modified by adding cheap pick vintage looking pickguard, replace the pickups, although the monoprice pickups were pretty good, and changed the wiring because the monoprice layout of the control was no classic LP.

My home built ukulele also has a tree of life "inlay" that is made from stickers. So is the rosette.

My source for stickers is Jokomo, an outfit in Japan but I know they sell through Amazon and eBay.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Here is my Twangocaster decal ... under 5 coats of clear poly. After this forum had a hissy fit because my Chinese "knock off" of a Tele (that Fender never even made in the first place) had a "Telecaster" logo on it ... so I sanded it off and had this one made just to keep the natives in their teepees. :whistle:;):)

IMG_0442.JPG
Untitled.jpg

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I have an acoustic I've played in Key West bars that I've tatt'ed up...

The headstock sides are also covered...

Oh yeah, and the signature on there is Michael McCloud, who I've been hanging with in Key West since I started going there in 1986...

View attachment 12064 View attachment 12065
I loved the Schooner Wharf Bar when I was there and the song that went with it. He's great!

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I put stickers on my first electric guitar, a Samick Strat style guitar. I no longer have the guitar, though. Gave it to my son. I don't have any pictures (at least not digitized anyway). I also put stickers all over the guitar case for that guitar and the the case for my first acoustic guitar, which I also no longer have. None of my guitars currently have stickers, but I have been thinking for quite some time that I would have my daughter draw on one of my guitars (an $89 Epi Les Paul Special) that I could clear coat over to preserve.

PeterLevine

Blues Newbie
It has been a really long time since I put any decals on anything. Probably 30 years not sure ...I had a few on a racing bicycle I used for triathlons ...

I am going to take a guess that very few people here actually have any decals/stickers on any guitars anymore but I would love to be wrong about this. Somewhere in my brain there is a 13 year old boy that is dancing.

So enter the dragon ... Smaug the golden fire breathing PRS SE Santana Single Cut?

View attachment 12060
OK, I'll admit it. I have a flat black Jackson guitar. I just ordered red barbed wire decals. I didn't put them on yup but.....