I always been crazy--but this time I went insane

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
(I got to thank Elwood for that inspiration).
I went back to work. I reopened my old company "Ace Concrete Pumping Company"----I been sitting around for 12 years playing golf---fishing---and writing songs-----and trying to play a guitar. I am tired of it.
I got to do something-----heck all I do is work on my house or cars or motorcycle. I figure if If I am going to work I might as well get paid for it----I will be 76 in 3 weeks---if I am going out, I ain't going to sit here waiting on the "Kung Fu Flu". to take me out. Later (maybe). :)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Be careful Dave.

tenor.gif

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
That's why they invented pumps. That is what was known as a "Georgia buggy" but your suppose to let go of the handles once you tip it. Looks like that guy might have got hurt.bad, I know it hurts me just to watch it.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
(I got to thank Elwood for that inspiration).
I went back to work. I reopened my old company "Ace Concrete Pumping Company"----I been sitting around for 12 years playing golf---fishing---and writing songs-----and trying to play a guitar. I am tired of it.
I got to do something-----heck all I do is work on my house or cars or motorcycle. I figure if If I am going to work I might as well get paid for it----I will be 76 in 3 weeks---if I am going out, I ain't going to sit here waiting on the "Kung Fu Flu". to take me out. Later (maybe). :)

Enjoy the income!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
It is not really about the money the money is good no doubt about that very good.--I am a outdoor person. I 1st starting pumping concrete back in 1977-(there were very few people in at that time) I went in business for my self in 79 till 87----then when I 1st retired back in 05 I went back into it---in 2008 things went PLOP overnight.
now 12 years later construction is BOOMING and I mean BOOMING over here in Prescott, Az. they are moving in faster than they can build them. The vast majority are from California, with Washington next and Oregon 3rd---Colorado and Texas are about even. I am even seeing a lot of Florida plates around here lately. I am good at what I do. It can be a hard job but I know most of the tricks of the trade. Like any other job if you know what your doing and you like it--why not do it. I guess you could look at it as a part time job that pays $100 a hour.
Another part of it is I am trying to get my Sharon set up with a small company she knows how to run...(and she's good at it to, she ran the schedule- Iran the field) so when I die she will have a little extra income. I did my 1st job last week; I never felt better in the past few years as I did after it was done. Pump wasn't running right so I had to cancel out over $750 Thursday and Monday--I am pretty sure it was bad spark plug wires. I will know tomorrow. If you love what your doing do it. Nothing in the world worse than going to work to a job you hate. Later

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
The state of the art in concrete pumping seems to be the ones that "3D print" a house or building.
A specialty application no doubt, but I can see that industry growing tremendously.
There are some really cool videos on yt showing them at work.
Have fun Dave.
After almost 10 years of retirement, I am helping out my daughter in her business quite a bit doing video productions, and having fun with it. I don't get paid though!! Just helping her is reward enough.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
It is not really about the money the money is good no doubt about that very good.--I am a outdoor person. I 1st starting pumping concrete back in 1977-(there were very few people in at that time) I went in business for my self in 79 till 87----then when I 1st retired back in 05 I went back into it---in 2008 things went PLOP overnight.
now 12 years later construction is BOOMING and I mean BOOMING over here in Prescott, Az. they are moving in faster than they can build them. The vast majority are from California, with Washington next and Oregon 3rd---Colorado and Texas are about even. I am even seeing a lot of Florida plates around here lately. I am good at what I do. It can be a hard job but I know most of the tricks of the trade. Like any other job if you know what your doing and you like it--why not do it. I guess you could look at it as a part time job that pays $100 a hour.
Another part of it is I am trying to get my Sharon set up with a small company she knows how to run...(and she's good at it to, she ran the schedule- Iran the field) so when I die she will have a little extra income. I did my 1st job last week; I never felt better in the past few years as I did after it was done. Pump wasn't running right so I had to cancel out over $750 Thursday and Monday--I am pretty sure it was bad spark plug wires. I will know tomorrow. If you love what your doing do it. Nothing in the world worse than going to work to a job you hate. Later

Machines are like people that way. If they sit around too long, they need some exercise. Hope you're both running smoothly this week.
I wanted to thank you for taking crazy Californians off our hands, but you're probably getting the good ones that are fed up with the crazy ones.
By the way, what is Sedona like? ;)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
By the way, what is Sedona like? ;)
Way out of my price range----Sedona is about 40 miles east of here (give or take a few miles). I use to drive over there to pump---no more---
them people are messed up ( more $$$ than brains)--big time--them people got building codes that are stone nuts ridiculous-all the concrete has to be "Sedona Red"...if it is exposed -I am just going to leave this subject alone. But in all honesty it's getting that way over here. Mostly very wealthy refugees from the west coast.

Last edited:

Slofinger

Blues Junior
When I did H.V.A.C and we used under slab ductwork which had to be encased in concrete, I always grabbed the concrete pump hose after several times of having the concrete pump operator crushing my pipe with the way it was being dumped in. Concrete work is a young mans game! You’re right though, it’s not really work if you love what you do and your good at it. I will say though I never worked high paying jobs, I totally enjoyed the work I did.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I have dragged them hose' so far I can't even guess..miles and miles and miles.and more miles. It is nice to see someone that the knows what it is all about. You want to go to work for me, I need a good hose man that knows what happens when you kink a hose. :LOL: