Pedals/Effects Are you Dumble?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Are you Dumble?
One and a two and a three and a Dude!

The big reason I chose the Dude from these is it is literally the only one that would fit the available spot on my freakin' constipated (crammed with crap) pedal board. :confused: As you can see, the space for it is quite snug.
COMPACT BOARD 2.jpg

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Well, Griff's going to do a "Dumble" pedal comparison on the 28th in an All Access Pass session. :D

Rob63

Make It Your Own
The Wampler Euphoria is an excellent "Dumble" in a box pedal!! A keeper for me. :)

Rob63

Make It Your Own
The average person can't afford a Dumble amp as they are very hard to find and cost a fortune to buy.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
If the Dude's a Dumble, I'm in.

I got mine when they first came out and have bought many OD's since, none sounds as good to me as the Dude.

edit: After watching the video, I'm gonna check out the BD2-GE-7 thing since I have both those pedals as well.

Last edited:

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I've got the Euphoria and the Simble also a Big Lloyd F-6. All do a good job with the Simple the most "dedicated" the others have lots of other tones you can dial in. Funny I also have a Zendrive which I never bonded with because of a "fizziness" I heard.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Are MikeR and I the only two on here dumb enough to love "that Dumble sound"?
Where is you all?

I actually got the chance to play through Robben Ford's Dumble a few years ago at a workshop. My two biggest issues were:
  1. Not having a discerning enough ear to really appreciate what I was hearing.
  2. Being so self-conscious about my playing to do anything other than strum a few chords and a couple simple licks.

But as Mike described the Simble, it sounded *really* nice, especially when Robben played through it! I still have an audio recording I made of that I will need to find.

Elio

Last edited:

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
I've got two, a Double Bloom from Amp Nation and The Dude. The Dude seems pretty cool, but I like the sound of the Double Bloom much better. My only problem is: it's HUGE! The guys on That Pedal Show tested the single channel version of the pedal, which is smaller and The Dude is much smaller. Also they liked The Dude more than the Bloom, so I'm not sure whether it's a taste thing for me, or a "I heard and played with this first, so I'm more familiar with it" kinda thing.

Thinking about just adding The Dude to my board and getting rid of the Bloom, as I don't use it that often anyway. Kinda in love with the over-driven sounds of my Mesa Mark V:35. Sounds much better than the dumble-esque pedals do through the clean channels. But it's always good to have more tones... we'll see.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I've got two, a Double Bloom from Amp Nation and The Dude. The Dude seems pretty cool, but I like the sound of the Double Bloom much better. My only problem is: it's HUGE! The guys on That Pedal Show tested the single channel version of the pedal, which is smaller and The Dude is much smaller. Also they liked The Dude more than the Bloom, so I'm not sure whether it's a taste thing for me, or a "I heard and played with this first, so I'm more familiar with it" kinda thing.

Thinking about just adding The Dude to my board and getting rid of the Bloom, as I don't use it that often anyway. Kinda in love with the over-driven sounds of my Mesa Mark V:35. Sounds much better than the dumble-esque pedals do through the clean channels. But it's always good to have more tones... we'll see.
Same with my MESA Express 5:25. Burn channel with gain down around 9 o'clock is "Dumble" territory.