I have the
Fulldrive FD3
TS9
Hotone Blues
Friedman Dirty Shirley
J.Rockett Dude
G5n (with multiple drives in it)

HOWEVER thinking I'd try the EQ Dunes pedal

"Don't tell me you love me" just say NO .

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Don't ask me, I've got more overdrives than I can count. :LOL:

I built a clone of the Dunes pedal. Has a nice variety of tones. I think you'll like it. :D

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
There is no other "808" pedal that can compare to the Dunes. I does every 808 variant known to man and a bunch more. How can I tell you "No" when one is prominent on my pedal board ... right between my Dude and Okko Diablo Gain+?

Stack that thing with an Okko Gain+ and Oh, Lawdy! No end to overdrive tones at your disposal. And warm it all up by going through a Dude first and it is pure heaven. You don't see Okko's on many boards 'cause the darned things cost about $300.00, but if you want heaven, you has to pays Mr. Okko to get in.

COMPACT BOARD 2.jpg

Last edited:

Shodai

Blues Junior
Since you don't have one yet, I think the only reasonable course of action is to buy one.

Think of it a public service. The economy is in recovery, you'd be helping.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
You have 6 OD distortion pedals and you want to know if you should get another one? Are you not liking the 6 pedals you already have? Is there a void that one of these 6 can't provide? I haven't bought a new OD distortion pedal in quite a few years. I generally only stack one OD distortion with a Klon clone type of pedal. Rarely do I stack a tube screamer with a Blues driver type of pedal. I've got quite a few pedals but I just don't need all that many. Sometimes but rarely I'll stack the MoJo MoJo as mainly a boost pedal with a little hair. For now I've found my tone and I'm pretty happy with it........ I think the last pedal I bought was a Deja Vib last year. Great Pedal! :Beer: Before that was the Way Huge Overrated Special maybe 3 years ago. :Beer:

If you need it? Buy it! If you don't need it? Keep the money around for a great amp! :Beer: Most guitarists can always use another amp!! :Beer:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I just have a tube screamer that's all I want ... but I'm a bit different ...

Maybe you should get a new amp to go with the new pedal and probably a nice 4 x 12 cab ... and probably a new guitar.

Try to keep it all under 20k or so ...

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
You have 6 OD distortion pedals and you want to know if you should get another one? Are you not liking the 6 pedals you already have? Is there a void that one of these 6 can't provide? I haven't bought a new OD distortion pedal in quite a few years. I generally only stack one OD distortion with a Klon clone type of pedal. Rarely do I stack a tube screamer with a Blues driver type of pedal. I've got quite a few pedals but I just don't need all that many. Sometimes but rarely I'll stack the MoJo MoJo as mainly a boost pedal with a little hair. For now I've found my tone and I'm pretty happy with it........ I think the last pedal I bought was a Deja Vib last year. Great Pedal! :Beer: Before that was the Way Huge Overrated Special maybe 3 years ago. :Beer:

If you need it? Buy it! If you don't need it? Keep the money around for a great amp! :Beer: Most guitarists can always use another amp!! :Beer:

Probably sell the others except the dude.
I am down sizing.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Probably sell the others except the dude.
I am down sizing.
Most Blues pedal rigs have a Tube Screamer and a Blues Driver type of pedals. So I'm not sure why you want to sell your TS9 And the Fulldrive is probably close to the Blues Driver type of pedal. Everything I've heard about the Dude sounds great!!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
The EQ Dunes? I don't have one (yet), but here's my thought...

Just let us know how you like it. :Beer:

Mr.Scary

Most Blues pedal rigs have a Tube Screamer and a Blues Driver type of pedals. So I'm not sure why you want to sell your TS9 And the Fulldrive is probably close to the Blues Driver type of pedal. Everything I've heard about the Dude sounds great!!
Never bonded with the FD3 and the ts9 od ok. I used to have a behringer T800 that I loved and sounded better then the ts9 imho but it was plastic otherwise I would have kept it. The T800 was the 808 sound also. My Golden Brownie will take care the Dirty Shirley sound although i do like that pedal.Not sure I need the g5n either.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Since you don't have one yet, I think the only reasonable course of action is to buy one.

Think of it a public service. The economy is in recovery, you'd be helping.
That is a very common rationalization I use. "I am doing my part for the economic recovery." It can be considered a patriotic act!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Never bonded with the FD3 and the ts9 od ok. I used to have a behringer T800 that I loved and sounded better then the ts9 imho but it was plastic otherwise I would have kept it. The T800 was the 808 sound also. My Golden Brownie will take care the Dirty Shirley sound although i do like that pedal.Not sure I need the g5n either.
I kept wanting a a FD3, just never got around to buying one, when I played it in the store , I loved it

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Six? that's nothing, if build every project I've bought a board for along with purchased pedals and those I've built already I'll be in the 200 count range and most of them are overdrive/distortion

Mr.Scary

I kept wanting a a FD3, just never got around to buying one, when I played it in the store , I loved it
I really really like the clean boost on it and I keep the overdrive down low and it sounds good ,too much and it doesn't gel. Depends on what i'm playing

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I really really like the clean boost on it and I keep the overdrive down low and it sounds good ,too much and it doesn't gel. Depends on what i'm playing
I had the Fulltone 500 and a FD2, I used to stack them and got a great sound, like a moron I got rid of them

Mr.Scary

Well I snagged an EQ Dunes V2 off reverb for $110 . It just happen to be local, what luck ay, so no tax or shipping. After watching some videos I have alot of options with this bad boy.