Mainiac music lover

Clem

Blues Newbie
Ever since I was a boy, my dad would sing and play his most cherished guitar. When my father died, he gifted it to me, even though I have many siblings. I was busy raising a family, never made time to learn to play, I have been deeply inspired by music my entire life, namely the blues for the past 15 years. Two years ago, a major bone fracture stapled me to a chair, and there I began my self -taught struggle. I signed up for the beginner course, hoping I might get a solid foundation, which might allow me to let my fathers guitar ring true once again..
happy trails,
Clem

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hi Clem. Welcome to the forum. If you follow Griff's teaching, you'll be making your dad's guitar sing again before too long. Have fun.(y)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Clem.
I had been playing for years and I still got a few things from the Beginning Blues Guitar course. I hope you enjoy it.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Ever since I was a boy, my dad would sing and play his most cherished guitar. When my father died, he gifted it to me, even though I have many siblings. I was busy raising a family, never made time to learn to play, I have been deeply inspired by music my entire life, namely the blues for the past 15 years. Two years ago, a major bone fracture stapled me to a chair, and there I began my self -taught struggle. I signed up for the beginner course, hoping I might get a solid foundation, which might allow me to let my fathers guitar ring true once again..
happy trails,
Clem

Welcome to the forum! Griff is an outstanding instructor, and his BBG course will give you an excellent foundation and get you to exactly where you need to be to start any of other courses. This is an incredibly supportive group so don't hesitate to post questions or share recordings as you progress.

Clem

Blues Newbie
This sounds like a great forum. Thank you for the welcome support. I tend to noodle along as I have with the first song (porch blues). I have made it my own, adding so many strange twists it's hardly recognizable.

Clem

Blues Newbie
I decided to go to the next level, and I can only hope it is not over my head and I can understand the unleashed version.

Clem

Blues Newbie
Best of luck with it! If you completed the Beginning Blues course, you should be totally good to go.
I am mostly done, I have a few more tabs to get under my belt. But I tried another course and quickly found out that it was not a cleanly organized. I like the graduated approach.