Pedals/Effects what's a good OD?

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
Well, if you're ever jonesing to get your "Floyd" on, a fuzz is required equipment.

I have a Big Muff Pi and though it does the job, it, like many fuzz pedals, can be temperamental. The trick is "small moves" when dialing it in along with some patience.
But once you get it right it adds that touch of sustain and creamy crunch that distortion pedals and gain-stages can't quite offer on their own.
I had a friends Big Muff Pi nano for awhile, and that's what got me thinking about a fuzz pedal. Like you say, a small move made a big difference. I am currently looking at Analogman Astrotone, and Mojohand Iron Bell. It is quite the rabbit hole when you start looking.Same for any pedal, I guess. A crap shoot until you play it through your amp in your studio, and your guitar. About time I pull the trigger on it...

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Try and get a PoT..[/QUOTE]
EVERYHING sounds good on pot, including your own lousy playing.
smiley-smoking-bong.gif

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I had a friends Big Muff Pi nano for awhile, and that's what got me thinking about a fuzz pedal. Like you say, a small move made a big difference. I am currently looking at Analogman Astrotone, and Mojohand Iron Bell. It is quite the rabbit hole when you start looking.Same for any pedal, I guess. A crap shoot until you play it through your amp in your studio, and your guitar. About time I pull the trigger on it...
I have a Mojo Hand Iron Bell, Love it!

piebaldpython

Blues Junior

I have a Wampler Velvet Fuzz on order.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Still haven't decided on one yet! Just bought a quilter aviator head, so it's on the back burner. Heard good things on the velvet fuzz. Must check it out. Is there a waiting list for them?.....

No waiting list on Reverb.com...........plenty NEW and various stages of USED.