Guitars / Joint Pain / Voltaren

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
My wife( and chiropractor) swears by Turmeric for joint pain? Not there yet but I do feel the twinges after playing for a prolonged spell.
In what dosage? I've heard some of that stuff you have to consume enough to choke a mule to get any good from it

ronico

rainyislandblues
I tried Glucosamine, didn't seem to help much to me, maybe I didn't take it long enough. Tried it for two months and no relief, maybe I gave up too soon?
Same for me. A friend has daily gelatin. He rolls a small sheet up and eats it. Tried it but it was too disgusting to do for more than a couple of days. Total GAGGER for me! I think it comes in gel caps though. Only thing that really works for me is my Pilates inspired physiotherapy but it's no quick fix. The soft tissue stuff is always tough to repair.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I tried Glucosamine, didn't seem to help much to me, maybe I didn't take it long enough. Tried it for two months and no relief, maybe I gave up too soon?

I think doctors are split on it many seem to think of it in the snake oil territory. I take 2 caps a day triple strength so pushing the dosage up. Some people are big on the hemp oil rub ins ...

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I think homeopathic has its place, such as I eat a lot of cactus because it has properties for inflamation.............

that being, it doesnt fix the issues, but gives some relief. Even the volarten is not fixing, but it is providing some relief, but my expectation is not pain free, just less pain

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
There seems to be many treatments out there. I surmise that they may all work for some and not others. That is why we need to try something else when not getting relief. I have sever arthritis in my back, shoulder, wrist, knee and who knows where else. A couple years ago I was taking 36 mis of hydromorph a day. Left me in a fog, very doped for sure. Canada legalized medical marihuana I tried it. Now understand that like many I tried smoking joints many years ago. I didn't like the high so I didn't use any for many years. Now I use marijuana oil and have great relief. No high. A real game changer. If you are in a state that allows medical cannibus it may be worth trying for you. Like everything else, it will work for some and not others, but it is worth trying.