Hello

FrankSilva

Blues Newbie
Hi!

My name is Frank. I've been using this new platform for about a week and I'm really enjoying it. I also have a question. Are any of you having a problem with the 'Deep Sea Blues' video, full speed? It keeps 'freezing' on me on the eighth measure.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome to the forum Frank. Have fun.:)(y) I haven't tried that piece yet so I can't comment on the video, but I'm sure someone will help before too long.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Hi Frank, welcome to the Clan. I'm glad you're here. :Beer:
If you're talking about the Deep Sea Blues Digital, streamed from BGU, I checked mine just now and had no problem.
If not digital, are you playing your own DVD or did you download the digital version and have a problem on playback?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Frank.
I just played both the slow version and the fast version of Deep Sea Blues and they worked fine.
Do you have this problem with any of the other lessons?
I'm gonna have to guess that the problem is at your end. Bandwidth? Old machine?
Maybe try deleting cookies then rebooting?
Maybe @PapaRaptor has some suggestions???

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hi Frank, welcome to the forum.
I ran through the entire video without issue, but that doesn't help you.
When you play it, what screen resolution does it show? You can find this by hovering over the video and clicking on the gear (settings) in the lower right corner of the video. It will tell you what resolution is being shown. Each higher step of resolution increases the required data stream from the server. If your internet provider isn't delivering you their promised bandwidth (not at all unusual), that may be your issue. Try manually lowering the resolution under the setting option to a lower setting (either 540 or 360p) and see if that resolves your problem.

Also, I recommend using a speed test application to see what kind of service your internet provider is giving you. One of the most popular is Speedtest.net. They have an application for almost every platform or you can simply run the browser based application by going to their website. For watching streaming the only item of interest is the download speed.

If the video always hangs in the same place, you might also try clearing your browser cache, as it may be corrupt. You may be watching a corrupt file that's stored in your browser cache. It's not supposed to happen, but it does.

You might also try using a different web browser if you have one on your device. Different browsers don't use the same cache. For example Microsoft Edge doesn't use the same cache folder as Google Chrome or Firefox. Same thing on an Apple product.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Frank! Good to have you with us!! :thumbup:

Every now and then I'll have a problem with video's I'm running off of the website. I try to do a few things to alleviate this. 1) I clean and compress my computer often and run all the computer speed programs as well. 2) sometimes it's all about the time of the day. When people get home from work and get on their computers it loads up the internet provider and things get slow so downloading a big video file sometimes freezes. So I try to avoid these big video's after 5:00PM. 3) if the only time I have are these busy internet times? Then all you need to do is download the video onto your computer and away you go! The problem is usually solved.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Can't help with the video, but Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!