Line 6 Issue

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
If you remember. around a year ago my line 6 g10 wireless, the power supply broke. Its a seriously bad design with the mini USB on something that gets moved around, and its been griped about on the boards.

Well, at 6 months, broke, line 6 replaced it no questions
at around a year or a little over, broke line 6 replaced it no problems

now at around the two year point, completely out of warranty

Even though it took a few extra days (assuming short staffed with COVID), just got an Email, they are replacing it again.

As irritated as I am about the breakage, I am even more impressed with the company. Even though I really, really love my G10 and its performance, it might get relegated to a permanent mount in my rack and never moved again and purchase a different one for out and about stuff

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice to hear that they stood by the product.
Sounds like you have a good idea to prevent future issues.
(y)

Last edited:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
My second one is also on the fritz, have to decide whether it's worth the effort of getting an exchange. I have the XVive set now and don't really use the G10 at all. Hmm.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
My second one is also on the fritz, have to decide whether it's worth the effort of getting an exchange. I have the XVive set now and don't really use the G10 at all. Hmm.
may as well, I went ahead and continued support of the company and purchased a G10s that has the 9 volt standard power supply

aleclee

Tribe of One
from what I am seeing, it appears you can manually change channels and it uses a 9 volt
Range is significantly better, too. Kinda shocking since the transmitter is unchanged and the G-10S is smaller.

The only "disadvantage" of the 10S is that, since it's designed to sit on a pedalboard, it's not always powered on. Since L6 discontinued the USB charging cable due to overheating risk, it's harder to keep the transmitter juiced up. I decided to forego the recall on the USB charging cable so I'd continue to have that option.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Range is significantly better, too. Kinda shocking since the transmitter is unchanged and the G-10S is smaller.

The only "disadvantage" of the 10S is that, since it's designed to sit on a pedalboard, it's not always powered on. Since L6 discontinued the USB charging cable due to overheating risk, it's harder to keep the transmitter juiced up. I decided to forego the recall on the USB charging cable so I'd continue to have that option.
yeah. mine never heated.............I wasnt planning to put it on a pedalboard, can I use it the same as the g10 ?

Mine goes to my rack tuner, and from there to the 11r ?

aleclee

Tribe of One
yeah. mine never heated.............I wasnt planning to put it on a pedalboard, can I use it the same as the g10 ?

Mine goes to my rack tuner, and from there to the 11r ?
Sorry I don't think I was clear. Not the cable to the receiver. They used to sell a USB cable with a 1/4" jack for directly charging the transmitter.

You can definitely use the G10S as a desktop unit powered by USB.