Electric Guitars NGD: new Tele in the family

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Because you can never have too many Teles.

tele_trio_30may2020_001.jpg

Center position. American Original 60s Thinline. I put it on layaway the first week my local shop had to close down for the virus response, and have been making payments on it ever since; besides GAS I saw it as a way to do a small bit to help get them through.

Yesterday they were cleared to reopen (with some restrictions, but generally they're back in business) so to celebrate that day I went there in person and got it out of hock.

Flanked by its siblings: MiM Player series and my Acoustasonic. :Beer:

Midwest_Steve

Blues Newbie
Congrats! That is a beautiful guitar. Bet it sounds great.
I want a tele so bad. I have constantly read the reviews of all the different types, and been on the look out for years. Each time I read a new article I get swayed to begin looking for a different one. Player, performer, special, American standard, etc... There are no guitar stores within 100 miles of me so I can't just go browse. The search continues

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Beautiful, Mark... enjoy! Coincidentally I picked up a new Tele myself last week when our shops started opening up by appointment for trades/deals, will post pics here soon. There’s just something special about a Tele... hope you have fun with your for many years to come:Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Heh. It's kind of funny: I posted that pic on the Fender group over at Facebook and the first questions/comments I get are about the Quilter amps and the Acoustasonic. It's that way when I've posted a pic of my PRS (with the amp in view) on that group, too. I don't mind saying nice things about either. :Beer:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Nice.... Congratulations. It;s a beauty and looks like it will fit right in with the rest of the family! Enjoy it in good health!

I've got a hankering for a Thinline Tele myself!!!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice.... Congratulations. It;s a beauty and looks like it will fit right in with the rest of the family! Enjoy it in good health!
I've got a hankering for a Thinline Tele myself!!!
I’m thinking that a lot of folks who play and who use the phrase “I've got a hankering...” would love a new Thinline! Me too!

Elwood

Blues
I’m thinking that a lot of folks who play and who use the phrase “I've got a hankering...” would love a new Thinline! Me too!
Yessiree!!! I've been 'bout as happy as a chicken picken June bugs since I got mine.:D Actually I got it because I was playing my tele elite and getting serious "tele neck". The thinline is lighter enough????:confused: to make the difference for me. I never expected to like the 12" radius after the compound radius neck. I do. :thumbup: Now, after a set of SD vintage single coil pickups, a good 3 way switch, and shielding, it sounds as good as it has to for me. :love:
Mark's is a looker for sure!!!(y)(y)(y)
Bet you would love one jmin!!! :Beer: So many different ones. What about a "Nashville" style thinline? :unsure:With a short scale neck? :unsure:AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!:eek::eek::eek: