Hola from Coasta Rica

Tico Rob

Blues Newbie
Just a newbie to the All-Axes Pass group, but have has the BGU course since 2016 or thereabouts. Have taken a few other on-line guitar courses in the past, which have been useful, but I think Griff's combination of theory, practical application and his obvious dedication to teaching shine through. So, I cancelled all my other subscription sites and joined in the fun here.

I am startng the CAGED Unleashed lessons to compliment a previous CAGED system course. It is like another world. The previous course concentrated on the scale patterns built around the CAGED chord shapes. Griff takes a totally different tack and builds the chord shape mastery of the fret board as his starting point. It is axactly what I have been looking for.

For skills development I am working on the finger style exercises in one of the videos, in addition to trying to master the CAGED chord shapes around the circle of fifths. And I am loving noodling around the Solos Without Scales licks, as it complements my internal blues melodies and ways of playing single note licks.

I live in Costa Rica (moved here in 2008 from the far frozen north) and enjoy all the commentary on the site as we are obviously part of a global community. And I can't wait to hear Merle and the Hawthornes first blues CD. Wish I was closer so I could play a little rythm guitar with his boys.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the Clan Robert.
I'm glad you're here.
I hope that you will post photos of Costa Rica's beautiful beaches if you get a chance. :Beer:

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Welcome Robert, I think Griffs CAGED course is absolutely fantastic. Getting around the circle of 5ths doing CAGED @60 bpm takes a lot of work but is well worth the effort as it really does enable you to view the fretboard in a new light

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Robert and welcome from one of the global mob in the UK, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, so make yourself at home. It sounds like you are ready to come and join us down in the Virtual Jam Room, so drop by and don't forget the beer!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!