Happy Birthday Silicon Valley Tom - May 9

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Thank you everyone, especially to Lloyd, whose wife is also celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday to your wife! :):Beer:

My mom told me a little story, which I would like to share. My mom said that I was her “mothers day present”. So I did a bit of research, and found out that I was born Saturday, May 9th, at 1145 PM, just 15 minutes before mothers day, May 10th 1942.

My dad was a Marine, who was unable to be at home for the occasion, as he was enjoying himself with his buddies on a Pacific Island, "entertaining the Japanese". :(

Tom

Fun story Tom. Happy Mother's Day.
I was born on the afternoon of Feb. 15. I imagine that particular Valentines day was anything but romantic.
While my dad was able to be there for my emergence (Letterman General Hospital at the Presidio in SF) He had come from Japan, where he was stationed, to be there. At 3 months of age, I was off to Japan for the first 4 years of my life.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Fun story Tom. Happy Mother's Day.
I was born on the afternoon of Feb. 15. I imagine that particular Valentines day was anything but romantic.
While my dad was able to be there for my emergence (Letterman General Hospital at the Presidio in SF) He had come from Japan, where he was stationed, to be there. At 3 months of age, I was off to Japan for the first 4 years of my life.
My mom and dad were married February 15th, 1941. I was born in Saint Francis Hospital in San Francisco. We had a friend whose dad was the head doctor at Letterman.

My dad started his Marine Corp career serving in Shanghai, China, 1938-39. His last action was on Okinawa (April 1 - June 15th 1945), where he and two buddies were the only survivors of his company.

Tom

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
We had a great party at my house last night. Our son Brian, baked me a birthday cake! Delicious! :love: My mom made me the official family baker when I was 10, so last night I told Brian he was now in charge of baking! :)

Tom

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
We had a great party at my house last night. Our son Brian, baked me a birthday cake! Delicious! :love: My mom made me the official family baker when I was 10, so last night I told Brian he was now in charge of baking! :)

Tom

Outstanding. The passing of the spatula, a right of passage for any young man! (With me, it was cookies, specifically peanut butter cookies.) :D