Good deal on clip on tuners

Elwood

Blues
They hide nicely behind the head stock on my acoustics. They are even manageable on that skinny tele head. We get so spoiled, the mini has an onboard tuner - now I feel disadvantaged to get my Korg. Ha!
Nice tuners anyway. Display inverts, yeah.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I too have one of these on each of my guitars and basses and I'd recommend them. They are discreet and work well, although keep in mind that it is not nearly as quick and easy to move these from one guitar to another as, say, a Snark (e.g., if somebody wants to borrow your tuner). In fact it's not quick and easy at all - which is why I keep one on each instrument. Also a Snark is more useful for string changes, since it's easier to put it where you can see it, and these are no better (or worse) than Snarks in a loud environment so if you play out you'll probably still want to use a pedal tuner.

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I bought a few in the last year or two and,unless they have changed something, they are cheaply made and break quickly.

Elwood

Blues
Different strokes....only three reasons I posted this link 1)works good 2) lasts a long time 3) good deal

I had one so long I can't remember when I got it. Takes a battery every few years. I had it off a guitar, between moves (a simple ratcheting clamp with a release tab holds it to the guitar, still not as easy as a snark, not as ugly either) and Django chewed it up. Didn't work after that! There is no 80lb boxer warranty.

No skin in this game. Matter of fact I rarely even order from Sweetwater. I really don't need my personal sales engineer, just put my stuff in the mail. See, now that is just me.:D

Last edited:

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I too have one of these on each of my guitars and basses and I'd recommend them. They are discreet and work well, although keep in mind that it is not nearly as quick and easy to move these from one guitar to another as, say, a Snark (e.g., if somebody wants to borrow your tuner). In fact it's not quick and easy at all - which is why I keep one on each instrument. Also a Snark is more useful for string changes, since it's easier to put it where you can see it, and these are no better (or worse) than Snarks in a loud environment so if you play out you'll probably still want to use a pedal tuner.

I agree. In a loud room, they don’t work well, but they are fine for home use. One strange thing I’ve seen is that when tuning the B string it sometimes indicated F#, but was right on regardless. I’ll let the EE’s explain that.

Reactions: dvs

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
The last of my Snark tuners fell apart last year, and I replaced them with the D'Addario tuners that you linked. I've used them for probably 9 months now, and haven't had any problems with them. My initial thought about them (and still think this) is that they aren't the best built, but they've lasted so far so we'll see. Maybe, in my head, I'm equating weight to quality because these are really light weight.

I was given one of those Fender Bullet Tuners at Christmas, but one of them costs the same as the 2-pack of D'Addario tuners. The Fender tuner feels substantial and like it won't break if I drop it more than a couple of times. Whenever it comes time to replace the D'Addario ones, I may go with the Fenders instead. All that said, I really like the D'Addario tuners because they're low profile and you can't really see them.