Official Drink of the Blues

Shodai

Blues Junior
So I've noticed that a lot of blues guys tend towards whisky, and more often than not a bourbon or bourbon type.

I thought it might be interesting to take a poll to see what my blues bretheren (and sisters) lean towards.

Me preference is generally Jack Daniels black label Old No. 7, or Gentleman Jack.

How about you? Name your poison.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Whiskey, not for me anymore. Got tired of chatting with the toilet 35 years ago:mad::eek: Long Island Tea’s is what I’m talking about. Used to love tequila shots but waitresses got tired of me dancing on the bar and tables (though the female bar patrons never seamed to mind:cool::cool::D).

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Beer - Guinness, Vic Bitter (unfortunately not available in Israel). Carlsberg/Heineken.- depends on the mood...
Wine - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot. Love the Australian wines.

Scotch, Bourbon - dropped them years ago...

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
1. Scotch: Laphroaig, Old Pulteney, Monkey Shoulder

2. Bourbon: Angel's Envy, Jim Beam Black

3. Beer: from local craft brewers (we're fortunate to have the Saranac brewery in town, as well as multiple brew pubs). In style I lean mostly to IPAs.

Jack

Blues Junior
Just beer for me, plain ol' Budweiser. Haven't touched the hard stuff in many years, it left me feeling like death warmed over for days afterwards :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Mainly beer, preferably stouts and porters. If I'm somewhere that only have beers you can see through, it will be PBR, Yuengling, or some other generic mouthwash.
If I'm drinking hard liquor it's usually bourbon or Gentleman Jack.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I can't believe no one said "One Scotch, One Bourbon and One beer!"

I've been a gin and tonic guy since for ever (Tanqueray ) and only in the past several years started trying different Bourbons.
While technically not Bourbon, a very sweet lady recently gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel and I really liking that.
I also like Knob Creek, Elijah Craig and Belfour.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Beer: Stouts and Porters an occasional Ale
Liquor: Scotch, Gin & Tonic, Evan Williams Fire and Ol' Smokey Salted Caramel
Wine Red and Dry (Cabernet, Merlot or Pinot Noir)