Hi all! New to the forum!

ThomasRyan

Blues Newbie
With so much crazy stuff going on with the pandemic, I’ve picked up my guitar that sat on the stand for so long, dusted off those old strings, and rediscovered an element in my life that I so often in the past used for focus and to become a little more centered.

The distraction has sort of reignited a journey of exploration and discovery. I found myself sitting down with a notebook and writing out all of the scales, major, minor, pentatonics, harmony rules, and even the harmonic minor...(and good timing with the recent videos, Griff!)

I’ve been a BGU “member” for a very long time and found myself watching Griff’s email videos from time to time but hadn’t even opened up the blues unleashed DVD’s in at least 10 years.

But now with some renewed inspiration, and a deep dive into some theory, I’m gearing up to dive into the Greek modes and try to bring my guitar thinking to the next level.

Anyhow, I wish peace and health to all humanity, and look forward to engaging here to get a little help from my friends!

Yours truly,
The one man couch band!
Tom

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome Tom. You'll get all the help you need on here.(y)
I'm glad to see someone else has taken as long as me to finish the BGU course.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shodai

Blues Junior
"look forward to engaging here to get a little help from my friends!"
~ThomasRyan

"Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!"
~Buddha

"I'm pretty sure I never actually said that..."
~Buddha

Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people. There is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.