Songsterr review and comparison to other tabsites

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
John-G
Thanks for posting this link.

The article suggests that Ultimate Guitar subscription is a better value than Songster subscription. I must admit I have thought of subscribing to Ultimate Guitar but have so far resisted due to hearing lots of complaints regarding customer service and people having a lot of trouble unsubscribing...

I am now very tempted to subscribe to UG... An annual membership seems to be only 2 - 3 bucks a month, not terribly expensive and yet I am still reluctant due to negative remarks I have heard around the forums and such.

I may post a question about UG subscription to the forum and then... well maybe I will do it.

Anyway, thanks again for posting this.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
These threads have made me curious. I'm a registered user of Ultimate Guitar, but not a paid subscriber. I just use it to get chord charts. What's the benefit of a paid subscription?

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
John-G
Thanks for posting this link.

The article suggests that Ultimate Guitar subscription is a better value than Songster subscription. I must admit I have thought of subscribing to Ultimate Guitar but have so far resisted due to hearing lots of complaints regarding customer service and people having a lot of trouble unsubscribing...

I am now very tempted to subscribe to UG... An annual membership seems to be only 2 - 3 bucks a month, not terribly expensive and yet I am still reluctant due to negative remarks I have heard around the forums and such.

I may post a question about UG subscription to the forum and then... well maybe I will do it.

Anyway, thanks again for posting this.

Hi Chris, before you decide to subscribe to UG, I suggest you read the reviews - it seems to be virtually impossible to unsubscribe before end of trial period, let alone after you've become a paying subscriber...

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Hi Chris, before you decide to subscribe to UG, I suggest you read the reviews - it seems to be virtually impossible to unsubscribe before end of trial period, let alone after you've become a paying subscriber...

John,

Yes, I have seen those reviews, which is what has held me back from subscribing, up to now. I have thought of using PayPal to subscribe. You can cancel a subscription pretty easily through PayPal.
Still if they are scammers and I'm not sure I would want to do business with them. I recall now several times wading through the site looking for subscription info... like how much does it cost... not to be found. Guitar Chalk's review revealed that secret info and made me consider it again.

Started a thread specifically asking for peoples opinion and experience with UG. We'll see how that goes.

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I like Songsterr and use it fairly regularly.
I use the free version, and it's been helpful when there's a song I'm struggling to learn. Tabs are okay, and in my experience, more right than wrong. But as always, handle with care.

Jack

Blues Junior
I've had a Songster paid subscription for quite a while, for me personally I need to be able to print out the tab and you can't without paying for it. Overpriced? Yeah, but I'm just blown away by the fact that it exists in the first place lol.

As far as the tabs there, some are maybe 98% correct, others are just garbage. I'll usually do searches and look at all available tabs and YouTube lessons and pick and choose what seems correct from each one.