Amps Bluguitar Amp 1 ME

Doug E.

Blues Newbie
Anyone using the Amp 1 Mercury Edition..? Would love some insight as I am considering purchasing... Thanks in advance..!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
GO FOR IT! You could certainly do much worse! I am a big fan of Thomas Blug. I have several of his little pedals and they are OUTSTANDING. I am also a big fan of Pat Quilter and his amp keeps me in chocolate chip cookies, but if Pat wasn't on the planet I would be playing an Amp 1.

Doug E.

Blues Newbie
GO FOR IT! You could certainly do much worse! I am a big fan of Thomas Blug. I have several of his little pedals and they are OUTSTANDING. I am also a big fan of Pat Quilter and his amp keeps me in chocolate chip cookies, but if Pat wasn't on the planet I would be playing an Amp 1.
Thanks Rancid... Any chance you have heard one live..? The videos are awesome..!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Thanks Rancid... Any chance you have heard one live..? The videos are awesome..!
No, I haven't heard one live. But, then, I am not like many on here. I trust my own ears and video reviews. I don't know how many pedals I have bought that way and have very seldom been disappointed. I bought the Thomas Blug pedals I have that way and was not disappointed. I bought my Mustang III and Quilter MicroPro that way and was not disappointed in either case.

Who knows if Norfolk Bill or anyone else on here likes the same things you do? Their written descriptions are nearly useless because it is literally impossible to accurately convey what something sounds like with words. Impossible.

The discussion / choice of guitar pickups is especially rife with this. Doesn't matter how many people say they love brand X, you may buy them and hate them.

And in particular, regarding Amp 1 which was designed to perfectly emulate virtually any amp known to man, and which apparently excels at that, a "what does it sound like" question is rather pointless.

Last edited:

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
yep i have had an origional model for the last few years ,,what would you like to know all the video's dont tell you ? :)

Doug E.

Blues Newbie
No, I haven't heard one live. But, then, I am not like many on here. I trust my own ears and video reviews. I don't know how many pedals I have bought that way and have very seldom been disappointed. I bought the Thomas Blug pedals I have that way and was not disappointed. I bought my Mustang III and Quilter MicroPro that way and was not disappointed in either case.

Who knows if Norfolk Bill or anyone else on here likes the same things you do? Their written descriptions are nearly useless because it is literally impossible to accurately convey what something sounds like with words. Impossible.

The discussion / choice of guitar pickups is especially rife with this. Doesn't matter how many people say they love brand X, you may buy them and hate them.

And in particular, regarding Amp 1 which was designed to perfectly emulate virtually any amp known to man, and which apparently excels at that, a "what does it sound like" question is rather pointless.
Oh I agree... And that’s why I did not ask what it sounded like... Cheers

dwparker

Bluesologist
I look at these types of amps, think " cool, I can just have that on my pedalboard", I then look at the power requirements, realize my power supply ain't gonna cut it, and move on. I also have questions on what speaker/cab would sound good with it. In concept it looks like it would tick most of the boxes for me, but I wonder if it would work practically. Which I guess is kind of strange because it appears to be marketed as a really practical amp. I would like to try one some day, though I don't know how available they are up here in the frosty north.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My ears and Youtube videos have lead to disappointing purchases, it hasn't been all roses and honey! All disappointments have been with pedals though, never with an amp!

In particular my Wampler SLO pedal.
https://youtu.be/hovjg8DwqeA
https://youtu.be/N6A1rd8KVlE
Supposedly Soldano heaven. Made by Wampler. Expensive. Can't go wrong, right? Damn thing sounds like sh*t on the water. I couldn't get ANYthing out of it that I liked. If it truly emulates a Soldano amp, then I have learned that I hate Soldano amps. It has an honorary spot on my Woebegon pedals shelf

Another trip down Woebegone lane was those newer Danelectro pedals. They all have all of their jacks on TOP of the pedals which made them excellent candidates for my compact board.
https://youtu.be/-Bl1jxcF0ik
I got the Pride of Texas, Big Spender and Billion Dolllar Boost. You don't see any of them on my board do you .. all are parked on my Woebegone shelf, I found other pedals for those niches that kick their collective bums.

Last edited: