April BB Challenge

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I told myself I was committed to really dig into the Albert King stuff and get it down then Griff comes out with the BB King challenge. I'm torn cause I really want to work on Albert and while I like BB King also I'm not a big fan of the " MAJOR "sound. So you think this would be something to get into right now.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Look at Griff's offerings as a menu and choose what appeals to you. If you don't like the sound then you won't get into it. With band stuff on hold for now, I have the time to take this challenge, so I'm looking forward to it. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I had just started Modern Blues and the March challenge came up. Griff just dropped the new Blues/Rock Licks course on AAP members and now we have an April challenge.

I can't possibly do it all, but I'm damn sure gonna try.:eek::rolleyes:o_O

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I can't possibly do it all, but I'm damn sure gonna try.:eek::rolleyes:o_O

You are a scary man!

Yeah i signed up for the BB King thing my first challenge.

Me so far i have not done any of the solos from BGU 2 ... not started the sunshine of your love solo ... none from the 5 easy blues solos either.

This BB King thing should be good!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I am working BBG, would the April challenge be way over my head?
Probably, but you could sign up and observe and learn. i don't know your situation, but for me it's not that expensive.

If you do post a recording Griff will be brutally honest (but not negative) in his evaluation.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I am working BBG, would the April challenge be way over my head?

I just downloaded manual and jam track looks like some of the licks should be short and sweet.

It might be worth a try the material would be yours forever so could try some and get back to it later?

This is my first challenge yikes so ... carpe diem! Fortunata del Lana del Rayio? Cloudium est darkomundo?

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Hi,
Sorry to hijack - I am new to the AAP and I can not seem to locate the BB king April challenge. Can you please point me in the right direction? I am having issues with the email system (comcast.com) and only get sporadic emails from Griff.

thank you!!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@Walt H

BGU Labs Challenges aren't part of AAP membership.

They only show up in the forum if you register for one.

Sent you a "PM" with more info.:)