I didn't hear this one on the news

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
WHO; put out a notice that---"The coronavirus could be spreading through handling money."
I told one of my friends that it was a possibility a little while back.-I am not doing cash transactions with anybody-I only been out a few times in over a month--from now on credit card only.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
WHO; put out a notice that---"The coronavirus could be spreading through handling money."
I told one of my friends that it was a possibility a little while back.-I am not doing cash transactions with anybody-I only been out a few times in over a month--from now on credit card only.

Well.... It can be spread on ANYTHING that an infected person coughs on. Credit Cards too.
The ONLY thing that will ensure that you are not infected is to WASH regularly . IT probably wouldn't hurt to wipe your CC down with some anti-bacterial. Corona isn't a bacteria, but as long a the Antibac is 60% alcohol, it will strip the fatty coating off the virus and it will die.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Only use cc if you don't give it to anyone else. The virus can live on hard surfaces like plastic longer than paper by a day or two.

Cheers

Al

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I put a hankerchief in a plastic zip lock baggie then soaked it with 91% rubbing alcohol--then rubbed my hands with it when I went up front today.---Also rubbed down the steering wheel. And I put my mask on before I went in. The alcohol evaporates quick. I know there is no 100% effective solution--but sure don't hurt to try as hard as you can.----Even if it don't kill you---who wants to be that sick?
Sharon has made close to a 100 mask this week...they are pretty cool looking mine has Guitars on it. I will see if I can get you a picture. Later

Jack

Blues Junior
You just don't know what to believe - one article says you don't need to worry about your groceries being infected, "We don’t know of any cases of Covid-19 transmitted by food, nor of any cases transmitted by food packaging.” then you read another article about packages from Amazon, which we're told we should let sit for 24 hours because coronavirus can live on cardboard quite well. Well, aren't a lot of groceries packaged in cardboard?

Seems to me that if it's on your hands, it also on your wallet, your car keys, all over the car, your clothing, the doorknob to the house, the faucet you washed your hands with, etc.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
According to the "John Hopkins University" article; 3hr---fabric---- 4hrs----Copper and wood-----24 hr---- Cardboard----42 hours--- on metal----72 hours on plastic. Not sure what the difference is between Copper and Metal??/

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I practice all the above.
Read something about grocery shopping best practices.
I thought this was a good way to communicate the issue and help people grasp what to do.

Treat all packages (including food) as if it was covered in glitter and you what to keep it out of your home.
Use a designated drop area for all things coming into the home and don't move anything out of that space without cleaning it. Then clean the area and wash your hands after you put it all away. Wipe, clean and clean again..........

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
According to the "John Hopkins University" article; 3hr---fabric---- 4hrs----Copper and wood-----24 hr---- Cardboard----42 hours--- on metal----72 hours on plastic. Not sure what the difference is between Copper and Metal??/

I read that copper is a natural antiviral, so it won't live as long on copper.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I think the only constant in all this is they're still learning as they go so there's constant change in our understanding.

Latest change that I've noted is the CDC re-evaluating their stance on masks. Seems that since some infected groups have included as many as 18% showing no symptoms at all they're re-thinking whether "uninfected" folks should wear them considering lots of folks don't even know they are.

Again: rapidly evolving situation as the science heads learn more almost daily.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
I read that copper is a natural antiviral, so it won't live as long on copper.
Actually it is antimicrobial. Copper and its alloys, such as brass, bronze and copper-nickel, are inherently antimicrobial. Aluminum also possesses excellent antimicrobial properties while stainless steel has no inherent antimicrobial properties and can harbor deadly bacteria for days.

Metals is kinda my thing.