Suggestion for April Gear Talk

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I only caught about half the session today on Griff's Strats. He mentioned a couple of things about how he has his guitars setup, specifically how he has them wired. He's mentioned it before as well. That made me think, what other setup options does he do for his guitars that are handy. I know he has also mentioned his tech several times, but what about some basic setup thoughts and tips. We've all seen the setup vids all over youtube, but what kind of things does an actual working musician do to their guitars that us bedroom players may not think about.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It would be cool to have all his "This is what I do" things in ONE video.
I know that he like his LPs to have only ONE volume pot.

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Bass playing for guitar players? I think Griff mentioned playing bass some tracks to play with. I have a good drum pedal (BeatBuddy) and a looper (RC-3). I have looked at Octave pedals as a way to get bass but I don’t know much about playing bass other than use notes out of the chord. If I could have bass and maybe some rhythm guitar in looper with the drum pedal, I would have a band.

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Bass playing for guitar players? I think Griff mentioned playing bass some tracks to play with. I have a good drum pedal (BeatBuddy) and a looper (RC-3). I have looked at Octave pedals as a way to get bass but I don’t know much about playing bass other than use notes out of the chord. If I could have bass and maybe some rhythm guitar in looper with the drum pedal, I would have a band.
The bass guitar session was everything I could have asked for and more. Thanks Griff. I will be watching this session a lot more times.