Gotta get the blues.

Bill_B

Blues Newbie
Hi Everyone,
I'm Bill from Columbus, Ohio. I got here by watching the video 'Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars', which got me to searching Youtube for Blues players. What impressed me the most was that Blues players seem to actually be having fun playing. I like having fun, and the music. I then started watching various lesson videos picking up bits and pieces before finding the 'Rosetta' stone of blues playing: Yes! I'm talking about the '4 note solo'.
My own experience with the guitar is mostly just some strumming, picking out some melodies, and a few years of classical lessons. I'm going to say intermediate beginner. I have the course and am looking forward to learning.

Bill

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Bill Good to have you with us. You will find tone of great info & motivation here.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Bill a great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, so make yourself at home. Take a wander down to the basement and join a bunch of us in the Virtual Jam Room to try your new skills

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Welcome my fellow Buckeye. I am just north of you up here in the Delaware/Marysville area. There is a lot to learn here and a lot of great people to help you out.

Bill_B

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the welcome guys. I think I'm going to like it here.:thumbup:

Ted, I used to work in Delaware at the old Flxible coach company before they went out of business. Once I get my sea legs it would be great to have someone to work with.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Hi Everyone,
I'm Bill from Columbus, Ohio. I got here by watching the video 'Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars', which got me to searching Youtube for Blues players. What impressed me the most was that Blues players seem to actually be having fun playing. I like having fun, and the music. I then started watching various lesson videos picking up bits and pieces before finding the 'Rosetta' stone of blues playing: Yes! I'm talking about the '4 note solo'.
My own experience with the guitar is mostly just some strumming, picking out some melodies, and a few years of classical lessons. I'm going to say intermediate beginner. I have the course and am looking forward to learning.

Bill

Well, we definitely have a lot of fun here, and even more so when we play together. Welcome to a fun and supportive group!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.