The Blues Overtook Me

KenSimeral

Blues Newbie
Good morning campers, I just joined the group Sunday. What brought me here was a desire to get a firm footing in playing the Blues. I have been playing rhythm guitar and singing in a pop/rock band for the past year (the '60s and 70's mostly; yeah, I'm an old fart.) Our former lead guitarist moved on and our new guitarist is a lover of all things blues. We also added a very talented harp player as well. Needless to say, we are making a few changes to our setlists and incorporating more blues music. I have always loved the genre and the history behind it, but never really studied the technical aspects of it. I saw Griff's program and liked the way he presented the material so, here I am. Peace and may all good things come to you. Ken

Last edited:

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. I'm also in a guitar duo who play 60's stuff plus a few other decades. If you take a wander down to the basement (bottom of the forum) you will find a bunch of us hanging out in the Virtual Jam Room, a great place to try out playing blues.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome Ken. It sounds like you'll have plenty of support to put into practice all that you learn with griff. Have fun.(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome!
Sounds like you've got some experience under your belt, maybe you'll be teaching us a few things.
Looking forward to your participation.
:Beer:

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!