Thoughts on Speakers and Cabinets - That Pedal Show

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
As some may have seen I started down the rabbit hole of cabinets earlier this week. In doing a bit of due diligence, studying a little about cabs on YT, I came across a video about them by the Pedal Show guys. What they are talking about far exceeds my needs. Yet I found their discussion very interesting.

I have seen some discussions about, or references to, That Pedal Show on here. More than likely any Pedal Show followers on here have seen this. But anyone that hasn't seen it and that may be also starting a cab search will find this interesting.

Warning! It is a huge time investment. It's over 1 hour in length. I've only been able to watch about a fourth of it. Probably a good candidate for the YT "Watch later" checkbox.;)

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
I wish you success in your journey through the realm of speakers and cabs. I thought I was through with such an endeavor. However, I am seriously struggling to fight off the urge to join in the pursuit. Must....climb....out....quickly....as....the...hole....is....opening....wider...:oops:

I have watched a few of their (TPS) shows, but never saw this one. Guess I shall plan on watching one night real soon and try my best to kill the urge.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
it was easier when I was a kid...limited choices...

now everything is a rabbit hole...guitars, amps, pedals, DAWs, cables, multi-effects, strings and the list goes on and on...only thing that has stayed the same...you gotta play...later.

cowboy