St. James Infirmary Blues

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nicely does, as always(y)
Just a little squeaky.
I envy your guitar chops.
Do you gig?

I suffer from squeaky strings quite frequently.
I don't recall hearing that in your other recordings.
What's your recording technique?

Elwood

Blues
That's fine Wim!!! :thumbup: You do kinda put that rolling piano feel in there. Nice playing, I love hearing you move the parts through the tune.

Squeaking, hmmm. You got me thinking about this Wim. I read that maybe weather conditions can have an effect on this. I then I saw a bunch of other stuff about it. I guess I'll just squeak along with you. You sure sent along some pretty tone with the other.. @CaptainMoto , you ever hear of using a de-esser to minimize string squeak? I saw something about it and tried a bit, no joy, might take tweaking or might not work.:unsure:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's fine Wim!!! :thumbup: You do kinda put that rolling piano feel in there. Nice playing, I love hearing you move the parts through the tune.

Squeaking, hmmm. You got me thinking about this Wim. I read that maybe weather conditions can have an effect on this. I then I saw a bunch of other stuff about it. I guess I'll just squeak along with you. You sure sent along some pretty tone with the other.. @CaptainMoto , you ever hear of using a de-esser to minimize string squeak? I saw something about it and tried a bit, no joy, might take tweaking or might not work.:unsure:
MM,
I'll drop a post on that in the Recording Tips/Tricks area.

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
Nicely does, as always(y)
Just a little squeaky.
I envy your guitar chops.
Do you gig?

I suffer from squeaky strings quite frequently.
I don't recall hearing that in your other recordings.
What's your recording technique?

Thanks, CaptaInMoto.
I don't gig. I just have my family around when I play. Maybe something for the future.

Those squeaky strings bother me. Before recording this, I changed strings from Elexir Polyweb to Elexir Nanoweb and I think it got worse. The calluses on my fingertips don't help either. I will follow up on the separate thread you created on this topic.
I will reprocess the recording and try to remove the squeaky sounds. I have a very basic setup and use Garageband.

Wim.