Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Add a tangle of cables and cords with no apparent beginning or end and you're on your way to a fully functional professional set up!

Seriously, though, it looks good!

Yeah, it does. I'd like to be able to hang up a couple of my guitars like that but it's an attic dormer room and there's too much sloping ceiling around.

In my case, too, I'm benefited by the fact I don't (yet) have any recording capability hooked up. The computer is across the room (right about where I stand when I take pictures) so there'd be a couple-too-tree cables snaking across the floor. I have a DI on my desk, and the Quilter has a nice XLR out, I just need to get off my tookus and experiment with setting it up (and having something worth recording). :Beer:

Slofinger

Blues Junior
92D89F09-7AEC-486A-8D53-EA742AB84910.jpeg I need more room! 3 in the garage in the paint stage and one in its case under the bed. I just built the showcase which will house a ‘Guitar of the Month’. For now I’m letting the clear coat on the V cure inside of it. I will post about the uniqueness of the Flying V when I complete it. I just realized I forgot about my American Standard Strat in its case in the corner.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Lol slofinger, you're cranking them out! I'm still working (or trying to find time to) on a baritone I started over a year ago.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Lol slofinger, you're cranking them out! I'm still working (or trying to find time to) on a baritone I started over a year ago.
Well, I am retired so I have the time. Plus a guy that I have been doing mods for, and building guitars, has been very good to me. It’s only a hobby for me, but with his help it pays for itself. If I’m not mistaken, you are building a Danelectro style guitar? The V in my showcase was inspired by your build. Kind of similar construction. And a lipstick pickup!

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yup, that baritone is Danelectro inspired. And I think I should have a few free weekends to make progress on it "soon".

RALKITE

Blues Newbie
Where have you been, man? (Other than at the guitar building course...)
Well firstly I just got back from being locked out of forum.
Pretty much these days I just noddle by myself and annoy the neighbours.
Although I do need to move out of my noodling comfort zone and push on.

artyman

Fareham UK
Well firstly I just got back from being locked out of forum.
Pretty much these days I just noddle by myself and annoy the neighbours.
Although I do need to move out of my noodling comfort zone and push on.
If you want to push on, take a wander down to the basement and join us in the Virtual Jam Room, and try your noodling skills down there.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
As promised, here is my latest curiosity. Inspired by TwoNoteSolo’s Danelectro build, I did something similar. Instead of chambering plywood I made two frames of 1/2”x3/4” mahogany. Then I glued on a plywood back. Not satisfied with how plain plywood looked, I got a piece of flame maple laminate. For the top since I already had a template, I did an aluminum insert again with a swirled alum finish. The body is mostly hollow. I put an oversized block where the string through is. Again inspired by Danelectro I used a lipstick pickup.
As I just built this for fun and fairly economically, I accomplished that. As far as playability though, it’s pretty much just a novelty. The pickup is kind of weak, and it’s kind of hard to see the fretboard while playing. The guy I’ve been building Flying V’s for wants it anyway.36ABDD5B-A7C6-4C3E-BD49-A076598FA2DC.jpeg

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Wow, that's wild! The soundhole treatment gives it a powerful Star Trek (Next Gen) feel. Was that intentional or is it simply a reflection of the flying V style? Either way, it's awesome.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Wow, that's wild! The soundhole treatment gives it a powerful Star Trek (Next Gen) feel. Was that intentional or is it simply a reflection of the flying V style? Either way, it's awesome.
After cutting the soundhole I just didn’t like the openness. So that V is what I came up with. Actually at the bottom of the soundhole I have a flat cutout of my signature in chrome covered plastic from the trophy shop.

Reactions: dvs

Slofinger

Blues Junior
A guy I build Flying V’s for and other mods mentioned a friend of his wanted a Hedrick (me) ‘58 Les Paul. I told him I don’t know what I could offer over a Gibson other than hand made. So I researched ‘58’s and decided yes, I’m going to build one. Except I’m keeping it! Some things I could not copy, but for the most part I did.AF45657F-E198-4427-80FA-118C3D2A6F81.jpeg