59 Fender Tweed Twin JB Edition

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
If you would like to have it shipped to my house, I’ll test it out for you (free of charge:whistle:) over the summer and then I can bring it to Kalamazoo to give to you.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Good for you man! Life's too short, and sucks most of the time, so if you can buy some happiness, even for a short time, go for it!

Just look what it's done for that guy's playing.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Hope you got a "Roadie"---they are heavy.
Not as heavy as my Silver Anniversary Marshall 25/50 watt twin (basically a silver jubilee) I think that one is in the 80 lb range and I don't take it anywhere...... I have to admit the weight is my biggest concern about this amp.

Last edited:

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
It sounds pretty good!

I think that’s a Fender Bass VI.

$3500? Holy Smoly!

It doesn’t sound very clean? Maybe that’s how he likes it. I like the clean on my Twin.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
It sounds pretty good!

I think that’s a Fender Bass VI.

$3500? Holy Smoly!

It doesn’t sound very clean? Maybe that’s how he likes it. I like the clean on my Twin.
I thought it was not okay to play a bass guitar through a regular guitar amp? Am I missing something?

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
That is one nice amp! I believe it would be THE one for me if I could afford it and had a large enough place to keep it and play at a reasonable volume to make it sing. Looking forward to the full report once you have received that beauty.

Congrats! I don't believe you will regret it ($ not considered).

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I thought it was not okay to play a bass guitar through a regular guitar amp? Am I missing something?

I believe it depends on the speaker design. My Quilter cab has a bass-friendly speaker in it, and IIRC that custom speaker in the subject amp has a bass response rating printed on it.

The main problem is speakers that can’t handle bass frequencies at volume get creases in the cone.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
OK, well. I've been watching these amps and their production issues. I think this may be the 3rd issue. So I've wanted one. I recently sold my ski townhouse as I retired so close to skiing that I really don't need it anymore. Folks thought it would be a new guitar day with the sale. I had to sleep one it, then ski on it, and so it's a new amp day. I decided to join my Blues brother @burlew and I ordered my 59 Fender Tweed Twin JB Edition amp today! :Beer: