Modern Blues Solo #1

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Nice job Paleo. Now for the hard part... getting it up to speed!

I'm just starting to tackle solo #1. I'm with you on the pinky tweedlies. I tend to avoid licks that contain them when I should be using them more to get comfortable with them.

Looks like there is a lot more position shifting involved in these licks and not a lot of space. But they sound great.

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great job Paleo! I just pulled the trigger at the last minute on this course...I'm hoping to start understanding a little beyond the 5 boxes. You make it sound too easy! Cool sounds and nice execution!!!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I'm with you on the pinky tweedlies.
I seem to be able to handle them better on the higher frets where things are closer together or anywhere on the first string.

But in the middle strings in the middle of the neck those fingers have farther to go and more time to get crossed up.:confused:

Jack

Blues Junior
Very cool stuff Paleo! Congrat's on the fast progress!

So far I've just watched the first few videos - I'm working on getting comfortable switching between major and minor pentatonic, then I'll get into mixolydian and dorian, then try to absorb some of that diminished stuff :)

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Nicely done Paleo!!! :Beer:
I hope to get into this course soon, but a vacation trip is going to get in the way - darn vacations - and can't bring a guitar on this one either. Having been retired for over 8 years now, I'm not exactly sure what I am vacationing from, but I will no doubt enjoy it anyway.