Recording with Mustang GT40 and Audacity

JohnF

Blues Junior
For many years I've been using my Line 6 UX1 and POD Farm with Audacity for my DAW. I was happy with my gear and felt at ease using it. Today Audacity seems to not like POD Farm anymore with errors and popping sounds. I plugged in my Mustang GT40 and tried to make a recording. I loaded a backtrack to play with and made a recording. The backtrack had the usual volume level but the track from my GT40 was barely audible. For the GT40 track I had to really dial up the track to be heard. I made another track and cranked up the volume all the way on the GT and 2:00 on the master dial which became very load in my room and unpopular with my wife. Is this normal and if not ideas would help. Thanks guys.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
and cranked up the volume all the way on the GT and 2:00 on the master dial which became very load in my room and unpopular with my wife. Is this normal and if not ideas would help. Thanks guys.

Yes, it is very normal in my house for my playing (at any level) to be unpopular with the wife:(. Sorry that I can’t help you with the recording issue though.

artyman

Fareham UK
Don't know about the Mustang GT40, but I'm sure there is a setting in my version of Fender Fuse to alter the output level through the USB. I record into Audacity with my Mustang III without problems, however I have the same low volume problem using the USB on my Katana 50 to record, and haven't found a way to alter it.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Well Ted I'm happy to know it's not just my wife. And Arty thanks for the info. I'm going to investigate the low volume thing and if I find a solution I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Hey guys from the response I received about our playing and our wives maybe we should start the Blues Guitar Unleashed Support Group. Maybe we should receive some training on how to deal with our biggest critics. Just sayin'.lol

Elwood

Blues
Fender Fuse to alter the output level through the USB
Thanks Arty, that might come in handy with my SC2 using fuse into Reaper. I'll have to check out the signal level vs noise.:thumbup: (I know, it's probably in the manual, like page 2 or something:eek:)

JohnF

Blues Junior
As far as manuals go I haven't found a reference yet to rectify the issue. I did do some more recording to experiment and I have a better feel how to get by. I was using a preset of my GT40 that had a much fuller sound,kind of a full sounding Gibson. I tried a brighter sound like a Fender and the results were so much better. I guess for my next recording I'll have to find a preset with the Strat sound.