An Omen?

Shodai

Blues Junior
Or price for what it it's worth to you as opposed to fair market value, then if it does sell you'll make enough to replace it!

Principles of marketing show us that overpricing a product tends to foster a belief in the consumer that the product must be better, and therefore worth the additional cost. Price it above it's actual value, but not by too much, and it'll probably sell for more than it's actual value.

Then again, common sense tells us that an objects actual value is determined by the highest price someone is willing to pay.

Anyone can say that they have something worth $100, if you can't find a buyer at that price its value is not equal to $100.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I only have two guitars; the Dean Zelinsky pictured as my profile pic, and a Taylor acoustic/electric. Since my wife bought me the Taylor as a gift, she knows how much that one cost.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I know I am. I just ordered a S2 McCarty 594 in Burnt Amber. Unfortunately, delivery date isn't until sometime in the fall. Bummer!!

WOW That will give you something to look forward to... I hope you are a patient man. I agree it will be worth the wait. Congrats in advance!!

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Nooooooooo! Not jealous at all:sick: Incidentally, I would just like to point out to all wives affected, I genuinely only started this thread as a bit of fun!! Honest!! I couldn't possibly have foreseen the consequences.:whistle::whistle::whistle::sneaky:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I know I am. I just ordered a S2 McCarty 594 in Burnt Amber. Unfortunately, delivery date isn't until sometime in the fall. Bummer!!
If you ordered from Sweetwater it will likely arrive early, S2 Semi-Hollow was a month ahead of projected

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Most excellent! I'm excited for you guys.

My first electric, when I started playing again a couple years back, was a PRS SE Custom 22 semi hollow. I sold it off as part of that revolving door of trying stuff until I finally figure out what it is I want. Now I've come full circle back to a PRS semi (an S2 singlecut this time) and I couldn't be happier with it. The 339 is great but there's just something about PRS.... :Beer: