NEW COURSE---NO WARNING????

Randy S

Blues Junior
As you'll see moving forward a little, that particular bar, before the return to the I, it's more common to imply the D#dim7... but that doesn't mean it's the only option and if you want to try some of those other options you should!
Thanks

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Here's a question for Griff -
Suppose you are at a typical jam where the band is used to sticking with the standard blues chord progressions and is not tuned into adapting on the fly to the more adventurous soloist like a jazz oriented group might be.
Which, or how many of the techniques covered in this course is one likely to be able to utilize in that setting without sounding out of place, even to someone with ears open to the outside sounds, and where is one likely to get into "trouble"?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Here's a question for Griff -
Suppose you are at a typical jam where the band is used to sticking with the standard blues chord progressions and is not tuned into adapting on the fly to the more adventurous soloist like a jazz oriented group might be.
Which, or how many of the techniques covered in this course is one likely to be able to utilize in that setting without sounding out of place, even to someone with ears open to the outside sounds, and where is one likely to get into "trouble"?
That's a tough one for a couple of reasons...

1 - some folks just HATE that kind of stuff and there's no getting around it. I don't hang with people like that so it's not an issue :)
2 - how you serve up these sounds is very much up to you and it's real easy to use just a touch of it and hardly anyone will even notice. You can float it right on by, I do it all the time.

On the other hand, you can be really heavy handed with it to and force it on them. So I just try and make an educated guess and try a couple to see what kind of response I get. From there it'll be obvious if I can go more or need to pull back.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Just went through the first two lessons and think this is the one I've been looking for. I'll also be looking to order the manual when its available.
Very timely for me too. I was curious about using outside notes and purchased Larry Carlton's 335 Improv course which I am finding very challenging. I much prefer Griff's teaching style and he has a knack for introducing new courses just when I need them.

Last edited:

kkann

Blues Newbie
I really like the sounds in his new course, especially Solo #4. I created a little theory cheat sheet for myself and wanted to share it with the group. I print it out on two blank 3" x 5" index cards, and then tape them back to back. I keep it in the car to check my memory.

Attachments

• Theory Cheat Sheet.pdf
    455 KB · Views: 29

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
As far as I know, Griff only offers the option to AAP members when redeeming a Golden Ticket.

Otherwise, I think you may be able to message him or the help desk directly.:unsure:

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
After you redeem a ticket, new buttons will appear on the intro page for the course down below the audio "Jukebox".

There will usually be options for purchasing the DVDs or the printed manual or both.

Once purchased, the buttons will disappear. :whistle:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
After you redeem a ticket, new buttons will appear on the intro page for the course down below the audio "Jukebox".

There will usually be options for purchasing the DVDs or the printed manual or both.

Once purchased, the buttons will disappear. :whistle:

This is exactly what I did about a year ago right before I renewed my AAP in April. I wasn't sure if I was re-upping, so I just went through the courses and the website "told me" which courses I needed the Manual and/or DVD for. I just went for the Manuals, since I can view the Lessons at any time, even if I dropped the AAP. Pretty cool to be honest.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
You get a new ticket 60 days after you redeem one.

If you have one "in the bank" you won't get another til 60 days after you decide to redeem it.

The longer you hold on to one, the longer it'll be til you get another.

In the extreme case that somebody doesn't redeem their first ticket, they will never get another.:(

On the other extreme, to get a new ticket every 60 days you would have to redeem each one the day you get it.:)

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@leftymike01

If you redeemed a ticket in November, you should have received a new one 60 days later in January.

Buying other courses has no effect on your AAP "benefits".

If maybe you actually redeemed it in early December, you should be getting a new one any day now.

I would check the exact date you redeemed it and if in fact it has been over 60 days, message Griff directly and he will fix you up.