old bird new ideas

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
I folks this is not a plug for Justin guitar.com just a ramble

I have been playing since I was about 14 now coming up 75 now, I haven’t played out much or with others since the late 60s my main interests are Folk, country and blues and throw in a bit of Floyd and Dire straits for good measure.

Lately my playing has become poor to say the least, and I tend to be losing interest, I have been working with ABGU , BGU2 and 5EBS not very diligently for the past couple of years or so. I find as I get older my brain and my fingers just don’t work so well and it takes forever for me to get things down both mentally and physically and forget about speed altogether.

I was looking at Justin’s site and came across Rut Busters with Justin and “The captain” Lee doing a one on one and it pinpointed so many holes in my technique, theory and general guitar education I have, things like practice methods chord theory and alternate grips. Lee seems to have a brain like me things go in but don’t stick but grabs little titbits on the way, he has nimble fingers which sadly I no longer have that makes it easier for him to capture things he is shown.

Anyway for those who have not come across Justinguitar.com and I’m sure most of you will have, he’s well worth a look he doesn’t teach as well as Griff but is well worth a look some of his stuff is quite eye opening.

Any way keep up the good work and have fun.

Paul.

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Yes justin guitar is very good ...

I have picked up how to play along with a bunch of non blues songs from there.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Justin is great. The fact that he is always smiling, and not just smiling, but teetering on the edge of being bubbly, is a little disconcerting, you know? Like the when there's a mass murderer and everyone says, "but he always seemed like he was so happy all the time". Seriously, though, he seems a genuinly nice guy.

I always thought it would be cool to see a week long guitar camp with Griff, Justin, Marty, Brett Papa... Maybe a couple others, but these are the four I tend to watch the most.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Justin was my first on-line instructor, I am very much a fan.
Include the usual suspects like Marty and others in my list of teachers that I return to now and then.
Griff has a particular teaching style, coupled with his focus on Blues, that keeps me here for the long hall.

If it wasn't for these guys I'd still be playing what I did when I was 14 and it wasn't much.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Justin is great. The fact that he is always smiling, and not just smiling, but teetering on the edge of being bubbly, is a little disconcerting, you know? Like the when there's a mass murderer and everyone says, "but he always seemed like he was so happy all the time". Seriously, though, he seems a genuinly nice guy.

I always thought it would be cool to see a week long guitar camp with Griff, Justin, Marty, Brett Papa... Maybe a couple others, but these are the four I tend to watch the most.
I'd throw Tim Pierce in that mix!