The 13th

Shodai

Blues Junior
Forget about the Squire mini and the Traveler I keep in the car. If those count I can add 2 to the count ... I'm catching up!

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I never got into the collecting amps and pedals thing........for me it was the guitars. I have 4 archtops from the 40's to the 60's, I never play them, but they ar eon my wall to look at. The epiphone 310 replaced one I sold when my daughter was born, but I actually like to play it

Some people collect stamps, others air jordan shoes, I just like looking at guitars on my wall. There was a time where I could only afford a $25 instrument, and I played the hell out of it, now that I am better off in life, The wife is okay with me getting things I dont need to make me happy

sloslunas

NM Blues
Talk about slacking...I quit chasing the shiny things and got down to the basics. I now only own 5 guitars (2 Strats, a 335, a 339, and an acoustic/electric). I have a 7 watt, an 18 watt, and a 40 watt amplifier. Never have been a pedal guy, as that is a veeeery huge rabbit hole. However, there are two that I have kept. I have a Jamman Stereo looper and a Mooer Red Truck. I seriously doubt that anything will ever change that line-up. YMMV...

Steve

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Guilty. My problem has been not knowing what I really want and rapidly trying to experiment in order to discover that. That only comes via trial and error, and a revolving door of gear. :confused:

I think you are 100% on that, just learning PA gear I went through multiple boards, the GC used store seection was a godsend for me during that

Once I learned, I was able to narrow it down to one board, wait for it to go on sale, I and I have had it for years now

aleclee

Tribe of One
I wish i had 43 guitars!
I never had half of that but I still like I have too many. Fact is that of the 12-15 currently in my harem, I only play two (plus my bass) on any sort of regular basis.

With empty nest status on the horizon and a housing downsize being very likely, I need to pare down the collection. Given the likely divestiture of 5-10 guitars, I'd rather do it over time than just dumping them at the last minute, particularly since most of 'em are not the Strats, Teles, and LPs that most folks are looking for.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I never had half of that but I still like I have too many. Fact is that of the 12-15 currently in my harem, I only play two (plus my bass) on any sort of regular basis.

With empty nest status on the horizon and a housing downsize being very likely, I need to pare down the collection. Given the likely divestiture of 5-10 guitars, I'd rather do it over time than just dumping them at the last minute, particularly since most of 'em are not the Strats, Teles, and LPs that most folks are looking for.
There are days I think I should off load the big heavy tube amps that I'll likely never gig with again, but then I go down and plug one in and play a while, and put those crazy thoughts out of my head for a month or two. I figure the guitars I don't play much I'll keep off loading to my kids and grandkids.