Suggestion for a better BGU Blog banner heading

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Don't know quite where to post this.... if there was a "Feedback" link on the blog I would put it there. Anyway, maybe Paparaptor or one of the Modulators or Senior BGURUS could bring this to Griff's attention.

Since the new Blog came up, there is a little blue button on the Banner (Header) of each Blog post saying "Lessons" or "Discussion" or "Gear". And if you hit that button it takes you to all the postings under that category.

BUT, there's no way to get to a different category without scrolling down until you find a posting that has the appropriate category button, and hitting it. Let's say I remember a Blog post that was under "Discussion" and want to find it - I could use the search, but I don't remember the subject, so I just want to open the Discussion category and scroll through.... can't do it easily, BUT THAT'S EASY TO FIX.

Here's the point - why not have all five buttons on the Blog banner? Say, down the right-hand side of the banner, a stack of buttons labelled with the five categories. Leave the one appropriate to the current posting in the middle as is the case now. but include all five somewhere in the banner so we can get to the other categories easily.

It's easy to do. Get the Webmaster to amend the Blog Style Sheet to include the five buttons on the Banner and publish it. Boom Boom. If at some time in the future new categories arise, just add the appropriate button.

Cheers to all on BGU from Chris G in Australia, where it's HOT and dry.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Great idea, let me see if I can make it happen for you. Thanks!

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hi again. Thanks to Paparaptor and Griff for taking this idea on board. Now, I don't know if I missed this a while ago or you have made a change, BUT.... recently I noticed that the top banner of the Blog page includes buttons called "Lessons", "Gear" and "Practicing" - that's exactly what I wanted. But we still need to include "Discussion" and one or two others, and I see that the latest Blog Post about How to use a Pick is in a new category called "Tones".
Oh, yeah, and I think there's another category in my original post - BGURUS. You guys must have at least a few members who qualify for membership of such a group ?:) And include me in the nitpickers if you like
Cheers from Oz, where we've been burning for about six weeks, but today it's RAINING - YAY !!!!!