Greetings from the Carolina lowcountry

tinkerdemon

Don't lick it.
Hey, y'all, I'm Dave. Just joined up today, signed up for the all access pass because I really have no idea where I want to land first in terms of lessons. I've been noodling around w/the guitar for a little over 30 years now.. never anything serious, just making noise and annoying friends & family. I've always loved the blues, and my playing style has always leaned in that direction, so here I am. Time to actually try to learn something.

I'm currently feeling my way through a few guitars to see what fits.. so far the Gretsch G5220 clicks really well with me. I've got a Peavey Express amp that I never use.. mostly playing through GarageBand on my iPad w/headphones. GB is surprisingly easy, and being able to play back my efforts backed by drums & bass really adds context to the whole thing, I think. Couldn't really get a feel for the "canned" bass in the app, so I picked up a used Ibanez for $75 to work with.

Been lurking in the forum for about a week now, seems like a super friendly & helpful bunch of folks in here.. looking forward to learning from you all!

Last edited:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I've been noodling around w/the guitar for a little over 30 years now.. never anything serious, just making noise and annoying friends & family.

What a coincidence! That's exactly what I do!

Welcome to you, Dave. You've chosen the perfect place to learn those blues you enjoy.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

BuddyLewis

Blues Newbie
Welcome Dave. You’ll need to let me know how to play through my iPad... no idea. I play a strat and Les Paul mostly...through peavy classic 30 and Classic 20.
have fun!

dwparker

Bluesologist
Greetings and welcome to the party! This is a great place to learn and the all access pass is a fantastic deal for taking advantage for everything BGU has to offer.

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Welcome Dave! And congrats on finding this place. I found it last July and it is awesome! Have fun.