Amps NAD-Quilter Pro Block 200

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The Seismic Audio and Peavey cabs I mentioned have free shipping, that's why I pointed out the HB shipping. Seismic also routinely gives you a 10-20% discount on their prices. Right now, if you added something to the cab to get the cost over $150, you get $20 off.

Less chance of blowing the speaker. Most of the better speakers are able to handle peaks of double or more their rated wattage though.
@MikeR
I hadn't seen that, but the Seismic at $150+$0 sh is still more than the Benton (with the throw away speaker) $74+$34=$108 . Am I missing something?

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
@MikeR
I hadn't seen that, but the Seismic at $150+$0 sh is still more than the Benton (with the throw away speaker) $74+$34=$108 . Am I missing something?

No, I was just trying to compare apples to apples on your options.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Took a closer look at the cheap HB cab and I don't think I'd want to use it with a high-powered amp and speaker. The construction using MDF is questionable. Their more expensive one uses approx. 3/4" plywood and should be much more durable.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Took a closer look at the cheap HB cab and I don't think I'd want to use it with a high-powered amp and speaker. The construction using MDF is questionable. Their more expensive one uses approx. 3/4" plywood and should be much more durable.

Damn! I already pulled the trigger on the thomann & BN12-300s.
The more expensive one is poplar Plywood.

Well, if it's crap &/or falls apart, it's another $100 lesson.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member

If they used good quality MDF, it might be fine. No way to know for sure until you get it. Besides, you'd have to wait almost two months to get the other one.

Elio

Student Of The Blues

The quality ratings seem reasonable so unless you drop it or blast it consistently at stadium concert levels, it will probably hold up ok.