Silicon Valley Tom

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I was just thinking about him yesterday----I know he was moving into another place late part of June. Sure hope all is well.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
His last visit to the forum was June 6. I've looked at his profile page several times to see if he's checking in, but not posting. Nothing.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
His last visit to the forum was June 6. I've looked at his profile page several times to see if he's checking in, but not posting. Nothing.

Do you have access to an email address for him that you can reach out to?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I wish I had his email.
I remember his last messages talked about losing access to the internet when he moved.
Hope he's doing OK.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I don't. He never shared it with me and moderators don't have access to that personal info.
Do you have or can get his last name?---He must of bought one of Griffs lessons to be able to post here on the forum so it has to be somewhere in the archives (P.M.) My greatest hope is he moved to Peru where Kate was from, he always had a special place in his heart for Peru he served in the Air force there and met his wife...I don't even want to think about the other options.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I have Tom's e-mail address from last June, 2019. I don't know if it's still active. If you want it, send me a PM.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I tried the E_MAIL- it is no longer good----I did a very thorough search on the computer which I have used in the past to find old army buddies-
His name does not show up on any obituary sites..That is good news.---the closest match on his name was in Citrus Heights, Ca. and the age matched--- 77 yrs.-I know he was about a year and a half older than me so that would be right on the money. I don't know anything else to do.
Sit and hope I guess..

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I tried the E_MAIL- it is no longer good----I did a very thorough search on the computer which I have used in the past to find old army buddies-
His name does not show up on any obituary sites..That is good news.---the closest match on his name was in Citrus Heights, Ca. and the age matched--- 77 yrs.-I know he was about a year and a half older than me so that would be right on the money. I don't know anything else to do.
Sit and hope I guess..

Tom mentioned he might lose that email address if he had to switch from Comcast as his ISP. One issue with using an email address tied to an Internet provider is that once you move to another provider, you will lose that address. After the 2nd time of my mother-in-law changing providers (and her email address), I finally set her up with a gmail account so that she could hang onto it regardless of which ISP she uses.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I have an Oriole Ave. address for Tom in Sunnyvale, but I do believe that is his "old" address.
I spoke with Tom on the phone a while back before he moved, but I can't find that number now, and I'm pretty sure that was a land line number, so probably not useful any longer anyway. I checked his ham radio call sign in the FCC database - it was last updated 4/17/19.
Hopefully he will just pop back in here one day soon.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I could just drop a letter to him at his old address - most likely the post office has a forwarding address for him - I could ask him to at least pop in and let us know he's ok.

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have an Oriole Ave. address for Tom in Sunnyvale, but I do believe that is his "old" address.
I spoke with Tom on the phone a while back before he moved, but I can't find that number now, and I'm pretty sure that was a land line number, so probably not useful any longer anyway. I checked his ham radio call sign in the FCC database - it was last updated 4/17/19.
Hopefully he will just pop back in here one day soon.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I could just drop a letter to him at his old address - most likely the post office has a forwarding address for him - I could ask him to at least pop in and let us know he's ok.

If you find his number, it's probably worth calling as it may have a referral to the new number.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Good thinking Batman.(y)

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Sit and hope I guess..

Citrus Heights is my neck o' the woods. Is there anything I can do?
I might be so bold as to knock on the door were you to have retrieved an address.
We messaged a few times in the past and he told me he had lived in Fair Oaks in '93 and '94 which is also a suburb of Sacramento.

Last edited: