Happy Birthday jmin - December 16

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Happy Birthday to BGU member and jazz guitar wizard, @jmin!
One of the best things about this forum is the really good people that you meet. @jmin stands out near the top of that list. He always has something positive or funny (and sometimes positively funny) to add to the mix. He's also a highly skilled player, as evidenced by his many contributions to the Virtual Jam Room.

I hope today is a great day for a birthday. May you enjoy this and many more happy birthdays in the years ahead!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Papa! ...jazz guitar wizard!? Well that IS a nice birthday present! I've always wanted to be able to play Jazz guitar. I used to follow Herb Ellis, and Joe Pass, and a few of the old-time Jazz greats. I was in awe of their musical abilities. I was actually going to try and work on "the real book" (fake book) and try to learn some Jazz tunes when I retired. Then, I discovered Griff, and knew that 4 notes was far closer to my ability than jazz guitar. However, after many birthdays with Griff's teachings, I am a heck of a lot closer and far more confident! Get ready for "Autumn Leaves" in the VJR!

Thanks, Steve, Mark, Ed, and Ron for the birthday wishes!