Newbie from East Tennesse

EddieRaines

Blues Newbie
Hello everyone! I am 51 and I consider myself a fairly new guitar player but I have been playing since about 2014. The reason I say fairly new is because about everything I have learned is from the internet and Rocksmith. I signed up for Griff's email list after watching a few videos and The Blues Guitar Students Unleashed Students facebook group. I grew up a kid of the 80's and loved all the hair bands never giving much of anything else a listen. Fast forward a few years or 30. I probably have as much blues music on my ipod as I do those hairbands. I am here now because I would like to be able to play some blues for myself and maybe with some friends. I bought the BGU V2 because of the sale. So far I am enjoying that. I hope to learn a lot!

Last edited:

EddieRaines

Blues Newbie
After watching a few of the videos in the course, I have got to work on counting!! I can play the rhythms but cannot count for beans.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. When you get settled in take a wander down to the basement and look in on the Virtual Jam Room, where some of us hang out.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Eddie,
Welcome to the Forum.
To be sure, you WILL learn a lot, but probably never learn it all. (Griff is still learning).

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Hi Eddie,
You’re in a great place. Stick with it! You’ll get there. I’ve been playing since 1964 and this place amazes me every day!
Regards,
John