Miscellaneous what was your first "real" guitar?

Boysie

Just for fun
My first real guitar was a Yamaha FG300N accoustic which I bought in Singapore in 1972 for $99 with hard case. Sadly after my arthritis flared up again and didn't go away this time I was forced to sell it because living on sickness benefits and having two kids in highschool isn't easy. One consolation I suppose was I got four times what I paid for it in 1987. Sadly this is the only photo I have of it. I really regret selling it.

270175278735-2.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My first real guitar was a Yamaha FG300N accoustic which I bought in Singapore in 1972 for $99 with hard case. Sadly after my arthritis flared up again and didn't go away this time I was forced to sell it because living on sickness benefits and having two kids in highschool isn't easy. One consolation I suppose was I got four times what I paid for it in 1987. Sadly this is the only photo I have of it. I really regret selling it.

View attachment 9734
Sad:(
Yamaha made some great acoustics back then.

straightblues

Blues Junior
My first guitar was a Carlos acoustic. After about 6 months of playing, I got a 1972 Gibson SG Special. I then immediately had GAS and started buying and selling guitars and owned a lot of cool stuff.

Rad

Blues Newbie
My first guitar was given to me, a Teisco. When tuned to pitch (not sure it ever reached pitch) you could slide your entire hand under the strings at the 12 fret. I played it with my apartment door open when ever the girl across the hall was in her apt. Remember back then, guitar players were cool.

I threw it away and bought a sweet Yamaha acoustic. Soon after that in 74’ I bought my first good guitar, an Ovation Balladeer that still hangs in my house.

45BC842B-4CE1-4525-9C94-45215EE6BA62.jpeg

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It was a slow process, waiting for all those igneous rocks to erode into metamorphic and then sedimentary rock. The wait for organic by-products was mind-numbingly slow.
and the tectonic plates were so slow to start the process all over again. I mean, how can you erode mountains, if you're not creating new ones?

Here on the east coast we have the vintage mountains.

EddieRaines

Blues Newbie
A few years, 2012-2013, ago my wife told me she had rocked my Christmas and I would never guess what she had gotten me. I looked at the package under the tree and tried several guesses. She kept telling me nope after every guess. Our son and his wife were at the house and we were opening presents and she made me wait till the end to open the package. They knew what was in the package. I tore the paper off and it was one of the Squier Strat kits in blue. I had never held a guitar much less play one. I asked her "What am I going to do with this?" Her answer was I guess you are going to learn to play guitar. I still have that guitar and am so glad she bought me a guitar. I don't play it very often but our 8 year old foster granddaughter picks it up every time I pick up mine.