Show us pictures of your recording Rooms

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Wow! Some of you guys should rent your spaces out for recording. My little room is where swmbo has banished everything that I bring in that she says "doesn't match" the rest of the house's decor. It's mostly music and Lego related.

My little Behringer mixer is behind the door on the left. My Tascam recorder is to the right of the laptop under my Zoom interface (and, honestly, hasn't been used since I bought the Zoom). Today I've got the Zoom going and just sitting and playing some mellow finger style kind of stuff and seeing if anything interesting comes out.

SnarfsMusicRoom.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Holly Crap!
You got some serious ampage going on there.
Looks like you could play Wembly Stadium with that gear.
(y)

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Wow! Some of you guys should rent your spaces out for recording. My little room is where swmbo has banished everything that I bring in that she says "doesn't match" the rest of the house's decor. It's mostly music and Lego related.

My little Behringer mixer is behind the door on the left. My Tascam recorder is to the right of the laptop under my Zoom interface (and, honestly, hasn't been used since I bought the Zoom). Today I've got the Zoom going and just sitting and playing some mellow finger style kind of stuff and seeing if anything interesting comes out.

View attachment 9726
Holy Mackrel; Andy---you better hope you don't have to move in the near future.:thumbup:

aleclee

Tribe of One
Great space!
Nice carpentry (y)

What's in your rack and under the mac?
Thanks. Desk and monitor stand were from AudioRax. It's solid hickory: heavy as all get-out but it might outlast cockroaches on this planet. ;)

Rack contents have evolved over the years. At the time the picture was taken, it had
  • AxeFx II
  • Behringer XR-18
  • Behringer headphone amp
  • Couple of drawers
  • Couple of Funk Logic plates
All the rack gear has been removed. The AxeFx was displaced by a Helix. XR-18 has given way to a Soundcraft UI-24R (moved to its own rack), while the headphone amp moved into the rack with the Soundcraft. For most recording, I use the Helix as my main input interface. I've added a Mackie Big Knob as an output interface for my Equator monitors that can also handle a couple inputs if I'm not using the Helix.
With all that space freed up in the rack, I added another drawer and a sliding shelf with a Presonus control surface.

Under the monitor, I have 2U monitor stand (also by Audiorax) with a Carvin power strip. I like the Carvin because it's the only one I've seen that offers sequenced power on/off at a price I'm willing to pay.

aleclee

Tribe of One
Maybe you should up your game in music room decor. :p

That's how I rationalized this guitar stand :D (and guitars that my wife considers "pretty")

b392fcab0ca8fc76e2264c94f1430876.jpg

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
You got some serious ampage going on there.
That one wall is all Blackheart. I really liked those amps when they came out a little over 10 years ago, and they only produced them for a couple of years. So I set out to acquire one of every amp that they made. At this point, the only things I don't have are the combo versions of the 5 and 15 watt amps, and I don't have the straight 4x12. Since I've got the slant cab and the heads for both amps and no room, even without the combos, I feel like I've got one of everything.

That's how I rationalized this guitar stand :D (and guitars that my wife considers "pretty")
Our wives have something in common. My Parker is one of the MIK ones (or where ever it was made), but it was one that I bought because she said "that's a pretty guitar, you really should get it," and who was I to argue with that logic since it brought another guitar into the house.