Question and suggestions

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Hi all . I was working on the acoustic course , yes was enjoying it and having fun. My question is ,I had surgery on my right wrist in July so guitar playing went out the window, So does anyone have any suggestons or excersises I could do to start getting my picking hand back in shape. Thanks for any help ,appreciate it .

steve o

Student Of The Blues
1st of all, I hope the surgery went well! As far as exercises, follow your Dr’s advice first of all. Any stretching exercises you can do daily is going to help, both in the short term and long run. Other than that, play that guitar. Nothing helps build guitar hand muscles better than playing guitar.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
94B23587-A16D-4CC4-ABF3-634EB3E8B14F.jpeg I have been using these since my spine surgery. There are several different types of hand/finger strength devices out there. Just do a google search. My only suggestion would be to not get the cheapest ones. I made that mistake and they do not work as well as the ones you pay a little more for. The ones in the picture are what I have (these are the good ones).