Recording Presonus Studio One - Black Friday deal

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
my music setup is a laptop, and I found out that it's just hard to use DAWs without a larger monitor.
I agree. I've used a laptop for multi-channel capture, but when you're editing, the more screen real estate you have, the better. I have 3 27" monitors on my main workstation. My backup PC is an older i5 Dell and it has 2 19" monitors on it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Is that one for each eye, you old banjo player you??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If I could figure out how to get more on my desk, I would do it. My video card has two more outputs! I think a couple of 50" sets on the wall over the fireplace mantle would round it out nicely.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Great deal!
I've been using Studio One for several years and I like it.
It's got some very nice features that other DAWs don't .

My 2 cents is..............
If you're starting out and deciding which DAW to get, Studio One is a great choice.
If you already have a DAW you are comfortable with, don't change.
Every DAW has it's own +/- 's , but the most important thing is getting comfortable with the software and not spending unnecessary time trying to learn a new one.
It's kinda like Windows vs Apple....they both do the same ting just in slightly different ways.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
Every DAW has it's own +/- 's

What's interesting about this sale is that the cross grade is a C Note higher than than buying it (4.5 Professional) out right. Typically they run sales on cross grades trying to get me to switch from Pro Tools. I know that S1 has a "skin" that makes keyboard shortcuts etc. the same as Pro Tools.

But, my workflow is pretty much engrained in Pro Tools and other studios that I deliver content to demand Pro Tools sessions. I may just bite the bullet and give it a try though before the sale is done.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
It is tempting, but maybe I should learn how to use the ones I already have. :LOL:

So yeah I have bought this stuff in the past and like Mike I am an electrical engineer and could probably figure out anything I put my mind too. BUT when it comes to guitar I don't want no technology! 30+years of techno BS 9-5 makes we want the technology escape. Heck I don't even want to remember a new password for a new system. I have had USB gadget input stuff and even foolishly purchased Pro Tools once. Saying I foolishly purchased pro tools is not a put down on anyone that bought Pro Tools, just saying for me and my goals of having simple tools is the exact opposite of pro tools which is very powerful, but very very complicated and takes much study and time and investment of both to use to get good results. I just want hit a button record it save it done, like I said above.

I just want simple plug it in to my lap top play a backing track or not and then play my guitar and record it naked or over that backing track. Having a practice looper on the laptop good also. All of this no fancy setup configuration PC setup, just buy hardware input device, download the software, hit a button loop it record it, store it MP3 aor Wav or whatever.

OK if you need a big monitor, then sure I would use the laptop to do what I said above and if I ever want to do fancy edit job maybe use the same software on desktop to fancy edit stuff.

Its Black Friday so if I can identify this hardware and software and get a deal I will.

Last edited:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Studio One is really the only DAW I have used so I can't compare it to others. I find it excellent. Good workflow, great plugins and instruments which come as standard and they have added some great features in the 6 years I have been using it. If you go for the Pro you get a great mastering suite as well. You also get a cut down version of Melodyne as standard.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
I will confess. I have no idea what a DAW is. Back in my day, it stood for "Dangerous Ass Women". Does this still apply???

Steve
It still stands unless you married one , then life is never boring and you would not have time to use a Digital Audio Workstation. Also, she would have transformed into the 'light of my life' :cool: