How We Forget

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
No political discussion intended!

So here we are November 23rd and I have not heard/seen a single news mention of one of the most momentous events in my lifetime.
On Nov 22nd 1963 President John F. Kennedy was assassinated!
He inspired a nation and saved us from nuclear war.
It's a shame we are too distracted by the current political circus to remember that fateful day.

I do have to thank @Elwood for bringing his name to life in the song he posted yesterday:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/gypsy-moth-a-hoyt-axton-song.28538/unread

sloslunas

NM Blues
You are totally correct sir. This speaks very poorly of our current state of consciousness. We have totally lost our way chasing and supporting all of the false idols that history has repeatedly warned us about. I will leave it at that...

Steve

Elwood

Blues
Just so Moto doesn't get in trouble here, he was just talking about the varmits, raccoons and such. I'll swear, lately they seem to be everywhere!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Odd. I read two articles yesterday about JFK and one specifically about his assassination (no conspiracy stuff, just a recitation of the historical facts as known). I saw several others.
But I agree, there was a serious scarcity of any mention of it from the places you would normally expect to see some remembrances.
And that's the way it is, November twenty-third. Good Night.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have actually seen quite a few posts on Facebook, but nothing at all in the news media. I thought that was odd, as well.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
These things are generally only noted by the press on ten-year-interval anniversaries. They don't make a big deal out of them every year.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
These things are generally only noted by the press on ten-year-interval anniversaries. They don't make a big deal out of them every year.

Yeah I’ve noticed it’s typically lustrum or decade intervals.

However, I’ll never forget where I was on that day. We had just finished a history exam when the gym teacher (who was also the assistant principal) came in and told us that the President had been shot, and that they were asking for a moment of silence. 15 minutes later he came back and told us that the President had died and school was dismissed.

I remember the moment I learned about 9/11 also.

I personally choose to remember and reflect privately.

I am sure a lot of the people of my parent’s generation was the same with Pearl Harbor.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
I remember I was singing in a choir at a school recital in the UK when the headmaster announced it. Hard to believe at the time. Even harder to believe if any of you have heard my singing lately that I once sang in a choir!