Lesson #35 - St Louis Blues (vid)...done!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Well, the day has finally arrived, after 2+ very quick years (time flies when you're getting old...), I can finally post the last lesson in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed. And, due to popular demand, well one person -
... I don't see you having any problems with St Louis Blues.....really looking forward to hearing that one. Actually should be a vid....finish off with a bang bud.
I managed to get iMovie and GarageBand to cooperate (my fingers, almost...)

St Louis Blues (video)

Oh, and now that I am am an "Official Blues Master" (Griff's words, not mine!) I assume I am entitled to all the rights and privileges of a BGU Blues Master...I'll be seeking management advice.

Thanks for watching!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hail to the Master. You got my vote a long time ago.

The video was just as beautifully done.

I couldn't take my eyes off your fingers.

Not so much because of your playing, but because I think they are at least twice as long as mine.:whistle:

Great job all around.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks guys! No “hailing” necessary, paleo. (A slight nod of deference is sufficient. ;))
I appreciate the comments!

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
That was perfect, @jmin!
Congrats on finishing the course.
And at the end of each course, the question is "What's next?"

Wim.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for listening and kind comments, Wim!
As far as “what’s next?” I’m not really sure. I own a few more courses I got with the All Access Pass: Pentatonic Scales and Technique Mastery, Modes, and a couple of the Slide courses. Plenty of stuff still “to do.”
I’m also thinking a break might be in order. I’ve been “working” on one of Griff’s courses pretty consistently for the past 6 years. I might need a “spring break” this winter...

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
I’ve been “working” on one of Griff’s courses pretty consistently for the past 6 years.

This is impressive on so many levels. It is no wonder you played that song so well. Your dedication and commitment to excellence shines in St Louis Blues.

Would you mind sharing what your favorite courses have been?

thanks!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Would you mind sharing what your favorite courses have been?
thanks!
Thanks Walt! I'm glad to share my favorites:
The first course I did was "5 Easy Blues Solos." It was a good fit for me and gave me a real appreciation of Griff's teaching. And, I really liked the solos! After that, I had to get BGU (1.0)! It's such a great, comprehensive course that It's gotta be on the favorite list. One of the courses I took after BGU was "Major Minor Blues Shapes." After learning the boxes, I thinks it's really the key to the next level of soloing. Another shorter, fun course was "52 Rhythm Fills & Variations." Those are the ones that come to mind the quickest, so they must be my favorites!

Last edited:

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
Thanks for listening and kind comments, Wim!
As far as “what’s next?” I’m not really sure. I own a few more courses I got with the All Access Pass: Pentatonic Scales and Technique Mastery, Modes, and a couple of the Slide courses. Plenty of stuff still “to do.”
I’m also thinking a break might be in order. I’ve been “working” on one of Griff’s courses pretty consistently for the past 6 years. I might need a “spring break” this winter...

I recognize that feeling. Before starting any new course, I want to build a small repertoire first.

Wim.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Hey Jmin...that was absolutely wonderful. Flawless man, I really don’t know what else to say. Except that you’ve been an absolute pleasure to watch and learn from. You’ve been an inspiration for me (and I’m sure many more here at BGU) to keep plugging away at this course. I’m going to miss you here on this thread.

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but now that golf season is over and I heard this masterpiece of yours I’m inspired once again to pick it up. Hoping to get lesson 27 done before Xmas. So happy I checked in today to see this...sorry I’m late but, I have been waiting and checking in pretty regularly.

Anyway, congrats on completing the course and doing an admiral job of it. Kudos to you bud. Keep at it...you’re the Master now. Looking forward to your new endeavours on other threads.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey Jmin...that was absolutely wonderful. Flawless man, I really don’t know what else to say. Except that you’ve been an absolute pleasure to watch and learn from. You’ve been an inspiration for me (and I’m sure many more here at BGU) to keep plugging away at this course. I’m going to miss you here on this thread.

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but now that golf season is over and I heard this masterpiece of yours I’m inspired once again to pick it up. Hoping to get lesson 27 done before Xmas. So happy I checked in today to see this...sorry I’m late but, I have been waiting and checking in pretty regularly.

Anyway, congrats on completing the course and doing an admiral job of it. Kudos to you bud. Keep at it...you’re the Master now. Looking forward to your new endeavours on other threads.

Thanks Ivan, WE did it! I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement you provided. So now it’s your turn. I’ll be looking forward to your ABGU postings.

Very nicely done, congratulations on finishing the ABGU course ! I still play some of the songs/lessons from this course every week, I hope you’ll receive the same enjoyment over time that I have. For the last few months I’ve been playing twice a month in a string band, I could not have done it before I took this ABGU course. It helped increase not only ability but also enjoyment. I look forward to you sharing progress in whichever course you take next, because it is inspiring watching you move along.

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Wow! I'm wondering how long it took you to do that? I looked at the song a couple times and thought "no way." But maybe it's doable. Good job.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Wow! I'm wondering how long it took you to do that? I looked at the song a couple times and thought "no way." But maybe it's doable. Good job.

...about 5 months, 3 cases of beer, and a few bottles of whiskey! I had the same thought as you when I first saw all the pages - “no way!” But, it IS doable. Even though it’s long, there is some repetition that makes it manageable. Once you learn page one, for instance, page two is basically a repeat. I’m not very good at memorizing (see beer /whiskey), so I think a more sober effort could accomplish this much faster, but what fun would that be?!
Give it a shot, Jeff. I know you’ve got the skills...