For the Vets

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I took your advice and sent in the required info. I received an email saying that I have been verified...congratulations. My question is...do they send you an actual card that you can put in your wallet to use??? Their website does not answer this question. If they don't, it isn't going to be much good for my use. Thanks for your reply in advance...

Steve
yes, they have a contract with office depot to print them, mine took about 2 weeks or so, has your picture on it of course

sloslunas

NM Blues
yes, they have a contract with office depot to print them, mine took about 2 weeks or so, has your picture on it of course
What do you take to home Depot to get the card? We don't have one here so I would have to travel to the big city and find one...

Steve

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
sorry for the confusion, office depot does the printing for them, your local store wont know anything about it, the vet association will mail it out directly to you

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
Yeah, a little while after getting the email confirmation, I got another one that it had been sent for printing. Shortly after that, two identical copies of the card, printed on durable plastic, arrived in the mail. You need do nothing more.

sloslunas

NM Blues
Thanks guys! We have a Lowe's and a Home Depot within walking distance of us. They give 10% discounts to vets. This could save me boatloads of $$$....

Steve

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
For getting the discount at Lowe's, I had to go through an application process that verified my status and linked it to my home phone number. When I check out I tell them I want the discount, show my ID, and tell them my phone number. They said they had to tighten things up because of too much fraud. Might not be the same across the whole chain so YMMV.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
For getting the discount at Lowe's, I had to go through an application process that verified my status and linked it to my home phone number. When I check out I tell them I want the discount, show my ID, and tell them my phone number. They said they had to tighten things up because of too much fraud. Might not be the same across the whole chain so YMMV.
shame that happens......but even on veterans day, I called out a fake. Everyone was standing around dennys talking about their service and units, one guy, had to be about 8 or 9 years younger than me was laying claim to a unit he was with, and where he went.

Unfortunately for him, it was my unit, and, considering I know how old I was, it means he would have had to enlist in like 6th grade

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
shame that happens......but even on veterans day, I called out a fake. Everyone was standing around dennys talking about their service and units, one guy, had to be about 8 or 9 years younger than me was laying claim to a unit he was with, and where he went.

Unfortunately for him, it was my unit, and, considering I know how old I was, it means he would have had to enlist in like 6th grade

:mad:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Yep...I figured that there will be more hoops to jump through. I am not about to give them a copy of my DD214 (which has our SS# on it). That is when the rubber hits the road. If I get any sort of hassle I will give them my full blown "Come to Jesus" speech!!

Steve

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Yep...I figured that there will be more hoops to jump through. I am not about to give them a copy of my DD214 (which has our SS# on it). That is when the rubber hits the road. If I get any sort of hassle I will give them my full blown "Come to Jesus" speech!!

Steve

I don't recall the process being that intense. I did have to submit a scan of my 214 once to qualify for something (forget what it was, tbh) but they were cool with me blacking out the SSN portion.