Weekend Challange Gauntlet is thrown

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Damn Capn: sounds like you got a little hillbilly in you----nice job:Beer:
It's kinda funny........quite frequently my singing voice goes in that direction.
I'm sure you've noticed many Brits slide into that accent to.
Must be all the southern music influences from my formative years.
You've never heard me yodel:whistle:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
--loved the "Walk right in sit right down; thing" that was cool.
Was gonna go another chorus requesting a last meal at "Alice's Restaurant" (same progression) since you can get anything you want (excepting Alice), but thought that might be too much of a stretch.o_O

"Walk right in, it's around the back....."

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I am certainly not Griff to judge this competition. But I will weigh in to judge the winner of the challenge. You are all winners for having the stones to do this. Hats off to you brothers...

Steve
Steve.....
I can almost hear you singing this one.
Sorry you sat it out, we need to hear more sloslunas.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am certainly not Griff to judge this competition. But I will weigh in to judge the winner of the challenge. You are all winners for having the stones to do this. Hats off to you brothers...

Steve

For me, its fun, as I am tryign to find a voice and co-ordiate my hands and vocals.....................this trying to sing thing is as tough as learning guitar was to begin with. I know @Griff uses the example of ordering chinese food and playing at the same time to own a song, and I believe has mentioned the benefits of attempting to sing and play together, so I figure just trust in the process

Plus, trying to keep up with the more accomplished players will make me better in the end

sloslunas

NM Blues
For me, its fun, as I am tryign to find a voice and co-ordiate my hands and vocals.....................this trying to sing thing is as tough as learning guitar was to begin with. I know @Griff uses the example of ordering chinese food and playing at the same time to own a song, and I believe has mentioned the benefits of attempting to sing and play together, so I figure just trust in the process

Plus, trying to keep up with the more accomplished players will make me better in the end
Ah yes. Playing and singing at the same time is a major undertaking. I applaud anyone who can do this. I only made one attempt at it and then decided it was way above my pay grade, and never tried to do it again! This is the link to that feeble effort...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9DQr1vLEE

Steve

PS. Good luck in your endeavors...

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hey Steve, that was alright my man!!!!(y)(y) Soulful stuff. Guitar is a bit boomy, but a high pass filter would easily sort that out. I thought that was a perfectly acceptable effort.(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
For me, its fun, as I am tryign to find a voice and co-ordiate my hands and vocals.....................this trying to sing thing is as tough as learning guitar was to begin with.
It took me 63 years and still ain't got it all together yet. But I did learn one thing along the way---The guitar is just a tool to enhance your vocal vocals--not to control it. Your vocals should always be center stage.-- I have a son and a grandson both are pretty good guitar player--but they let there guitar predict everything-- then try to keep up with it----it should be the other way around---you own that guitar, it don't own you, you own the beat,-you own the tempo, you own the key-----show that darn guitar whose boss. ;)

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Ah yes. Playing and singing at the same time is a major undertaking. I applaud anyone who can do this. I only made one attempt at it and then decided it was way above my pay grade, and never tried to do it again! This is the link to that feeble effort...]

You are the man!!! I love it!!!!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
It took me 63 years and still ain't got it all together yet. But I did learn one thing along the way---The guitar is just a tool to enhance your vocal vocals--not to control it. Your vocals should always be center stage.-- I have a son and a grandson both are pretty good guitar player--but they let there guitar predict everything-- then try to keep up with it----it should be the other way around---you own that guitar, it don't own you, you own the beat,-you own the tempo, you own the key-----show that darn guitar whose boss. ;)
thats actually an interesting way of thinking of it, being a guitar player first, its naturally where I migrate too

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

One observation Mark,
You've mentioned before you don't like your voice...ha ha, join the club I hate mine.
However, you said it's like Micky Mouse.....I did not detect that on your video.
Thought it was in a good place......carry on(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Ah yes. Playing and singing at the same time is a major undertaking. I applaud anyone who can do this. I only made one attempt at it and then decided it was way above my pay grade, and never tried to do it again! This is the link to that feeble effort...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9DQr1vLEE

Steve

PS. Good luck in your endeavors...
Steve,
I love what you did with that!
We need to hear more of you.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Singing and playing:
First off, I'm neither a great player or singer but, of course anyone who's heard me knows that.

Anyways, I've experienced something kinda strange.
There are time when I can't sing a song unless I'm playing at the same time.
This isn't always the case but, It seams to occur more with acoustic stuff rather than songs I might do on the electric.
Weird.......o_O