Playing Strapped

Rad

Blues Newbie
Strapped......no joke, I first thought that the OP was performing in a right to carry state.....:eek:

As for guitar straps. My straps stay on the guitars hanging up. The more expensive Nitro finish ones live in their cases without straps. On the couch where I play often the strap just gets tucked in behind the guitar body. When playing in a chair in my music area or out in my garage on a stool where I work on my guitars and play at times I always use a strap because all my guitars can get away from me at times between songs when I reach for something or change positions.

Oh ya, performing is a thing of the waaaaaay distant past, no reason to stand and play for me anymore.

Elwood

Blues
I agree about the performing thing Rad but my body comes up with real good reasons to stand. Any one position is just too hard to maintain for very long. Putting a foot here or there is fine, so is getting up. Standing is just another natural position for us bi-peds. It is a real bear without the strap though. Besides the utility, a good strap just feels good too.

Reactions: Rad

dwparker

Bluesologist
Ha! My first thought as well. I was thinking just use an SOB holster, but then there is the drummer behind you, so maybe an ankle holster would be better :)

LOL! Yesh, I've been away from the US long enough that I didn't think about the other meaning of strapped.

Rob63

Make It Your Own
I just looked at lesson one were Griff talks about how to position the guitar while sitting. He did not mention playing with the strap on all the time and I'm kind of wondering why not. I play with a strap on at all times and my guitar is in the exact same position always: standing, stitting, kneeling, whatever. Does anyone else play always strapped as well? Thoughts on this?
Strapped always! Never know when a mental blip might cause some axe damage! :-O